Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree819Likes

Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Yes but Apple just proved that this is not so easy to do with Apple Maps. Ask yahoo or Bing how well their search engines are doing compared to Google?

Google still made around 10 billion in profit this year and that's after buying Motorola. And they spend piles of their money on innovation and R&D. Way more than Apple. In fact Apple spends the least at 4% compared to everyone else which is why I think they are losing ground. While Apple is busy selling the same old iPhone's, Google is trying to build driverless cars and Google glasses. Apple has basically one product Google has many. And as soon as they start focusing more on Motorola things could change in a hurry on the hardware side too.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    What ever you like it or not Apple is one of most technology influential companies out there. Lot of Android user is scared to admit fact if not iPad there beloved Nexus 7s would not even existed, Google liked this idea to mobile mobile phone OS to bigger screen so much that they rushed Android development toward that direction that they created new UI for tablet without making without making phone counterpart that they released version later... who knows how ICS would look like without that tablet UI and still be UI indemnity-less mess as it was. If not Steve Jobs saying no to Flash most people would still don't know what HTML5 is, when he did that people started whole campaign to defend Flash and how Android is superior having it.... what we got now? Flash for mobile is no longer develop, Adobe actually helping HTML5 to match Flash features (like blending filters which i think is one of most signature feature of Adobe products... at least they push this on any product that they touch it) so they can migrate and Android users actually admit that Flash is slow some even say it need to be gone same as Apple users been saying back then.

In both those cases i knew Apple would succeed unlike most people, why? Because i knew that touch based UI of mobile OS is what tablet needed and may actually work and defending Flash against HTML5 is pointless as defending Java against C/C++. plus unlike Java which is quite open, Flash is closed commercial product where in order to get support you need to got on knees to Adobe so they can gladly port it to your system so it can have worshiped back then "full web experience". People are ready to say any BS just to hate Apple because it's in fashion, but deep in there body they know that if not Apple there products would not be so cool as it is now, you can see that they admit in comments sometimes because at the end they know that sometimes they saying BS. Thats why i alway say never underestimate Apple, because they can come up with something that will effect whole industry. Ofcorse this works in both directions Apple learn from others too.... but you know that already don't you?

Ofcorse Apple is this as it is now thanks to Steve Jobs supervision and now Tim Cook has have hard job to match him and Apple may fail as some people predict as they already had Steve-less episode in history and they didn't do well. But i think one year is too early to judge it yet, lot of ideas that come out of Apples are not Steave Jobs ideas, there still those people are inside it.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Wtf first off please work on your English good sir that was a garbled mess. Second where did half of those statements come from I'm fairly confused on who you're trying to convince. Oh and on the subject if it wasn't for the ipod apple would still be an obscure tiny niche that few knew existed. Its only since the original iPod that they have had any prevailing influence I will admit their mobile products are good but their PC's are to me as they always have been nothing to bother with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #178  

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Wtf first off please work on your English good sir that was a garbled mess. Second where did half of those statements come from I'm fairly confused on who you're trying to convince. Oh and on the subject if it wasn't for the ipod apple would still be an obscure tiny niche that few knew existed. Its only since the original iPod that they have had any prevailing influence I will admit their mobile products are good but their PC's are to me as they always have been nothing to bother with.

I could understand him just fine, no need to rage about it.

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by 2:
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Ya, it's fine Shadow man. We got what you were saying. I don't disagree with you in terms of how Apple has pushed the mobile industry but many companies deserve credit for that. Motorola, Palm, Sony and BlackBerry have all contributed to the industry. Would we have had an ipod without a Sony Walkman? And let's not forget Karl-Heinz Brandenburg who invented the MP3. And heck let's throw Linux in the mix too. These are all important companies that have contributed. Apple may have found a way to monetize and market their products better than anyone else but they certainly don't deserve all the credit. And they also don't own the ideas in regards to what their technology. Read this whole thread. There are tons of great links. This one not the least of them

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post

First of all sorry for my english, im not native english spreaker and i'm aware that my gramma sux. In case of iPad. If you go back to days when it was first announce and you love Android tablets you gonna be suppriced what people been talking back then, lot of people talking that it useless and it's just oversize iPod touch that you can't run Photoshop on it, even some Apple fans was saying that as most of them expected OS X tablet, why? Because back then tablets was seen as PC Laptop without keyboard (which been in edge of existence) what people didn't like is that they placed limited (by it's purpace, Android is limited to compire to desktop systems) mobile OS insted of OS X, only similar notable product that actually iPad been compared was Kindle... which back then it was e-paper device design for reading ebooks, lot people believed that it also goes againts netbooks. Here how opinions looked like back then:

It turns out it actully works, everyone on mobile market started to make tablets like that too, Kindle throw away it's e-paper origin and turn in to lcd tablet too and MS (unfortunly for desktop users) went crazy and turn Windows to tablet OS to rebirth there desktop PC tablet idea and make there iPad equivalent. Tablet with mobile OS become couch device exacly as Steve Jobs demo it (oh i forgot to mention back then some people was worried how you gonna carry it around). Everybody magically forgot BS what they been saying back then and no body is against tablets with non-desktop system anymore.

In case of Flash i think i don't need to tell how that story goes as it was talked on Android side too

Ya, it's fine Shadow man. We got what you were saying. I don't disagree with you in terms of how Apple has pushed the mobile industry but many companies deserve credit for that. Motorola, Palm, Sony and BlackBerry have all contributed to the industry. Would we have had an ipod without a Sony Walkman? And let's not forget Karl-Heinz Brandenburg who invented the MP3. And heck let's throw Linux in the mix too. These are all important companies that have contributed. Apple may have found a way to monetize and market their products better than anyone else but they certainly don't deserve all the credit. And they also don't own the ideas in regards to what their technology. Read this whole thread. There are tons of great links. This one not the least of them

Yea i not disaggree to that too thru i disagree that Apple is just iPhone because it cleary isn't. But one small correction, there Mech/Xen/Darwin kernel is fork of BSD not Linux, ofcorse they both benifit each other as they are unix-like system so they got thing in common.... so i guess Unix should be credited here Also as i know Apple preferences AAC over MP3

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Yea i not disaggree to that too thru i disagree that Apple is just iPhone because it cleary isn't. But one small correction, there Mech/Xen/Darwin kernel is fork of BSD not Linux, ofcorse they both benifit each other as they are unix-like system so they got thing in common.... so i guess Unix should be credited here Also as i know Apple preferences AAC over MP3
    Sorry I actually meant to write Unix but said Linux.

As for flash the big argument I have always had is Apple kills things before it's time. It could be argued that the floppy disk was not needed yet our office was in chaos for a year having to try to move files onto our Macs because our backups were on floppies. Now I heard they will be also dropping the DVD drive before its time. Same problem.

I actually develop Web software and although I have been talking clients out of frivolous flash animated websites for years, there were still things that Flash does that are far faster than having to code them in Java script or HTML 5. I'm not saying we wouldn't eventually get there but when Apple dropped Flash is seriously cost me money to go in and change a lot of things and also it took us a lot longer to develop some things that were easy to do with Flash. Lots of tech evolves, but I am for letting it die naturally and not just when Apple decides it.

Android Evangelist

Sorry I actually meant to write Unix but said Linux.

As for flash the big argument I have always had is Apple kills things before it's time. It could be argued that the floppy disk was not needed yet our office was in chaos for a year having to try to move files onto our Macs because our backups were on floppies. Now I heard they will be also dropping the DVD drive before its time. Same problem.

I actually develop Web software and although I have been talking clients out of frivolous flash animated websites for years, there were still things that Flash does that are far faster than having to code them in Java script or HTML 5. I'm not saying we wouldn't eventually get there but when Apple dropped Flash is seriously cost me money to go in and change a lot of things and also it took us a lot longer to develop some things that were easy to do with Flash. Lots of tech evolves, but I am for letting it die naturally and not just when Apple decides it.

And it's dying (the plug-in ofcorse) naturally practically by Adobe decision, they could continue support but they know thy on the way and so they moved on contributing to HTML5 so they can make Flash output JS.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    And it's dying (the plug-in ofcorse) naturally practically by Adobe decision, they could continue support but they know thy on the way and so they moved on contributing to HTML5 so they can make Flash output JS.
    Yes which is good. I just wish apple waited until adobe and everyone else was ready instead of foisting their decision on the entire planet. Face it. The experience has been a s**t show for nearly 2 years.

Android Evangelist
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

...but when Apple dropped Flash..
    Last I checked, OS X has a Flash plugin available. Apple didn't drop Flash there.

And last I checked, iOS never supported a Flash plugin. Apple never supported Flash here so there is nothing for Apple to "drop".

I think I know what you're trying to say here, but it's incorrect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Ry; 12-18-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah but if you are gonna put out the most popular phone on the planet and not support it, it is a decent shove.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yeah but if you are gonna put out the most popular phone on the planet and not support it, it is a decent shove.

Again, I'm pretty sure I get what he's trying to say but saying it that way is technically incorrect.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

No argument on the technicality

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Last I checked, OS X has a Flash plugin available. Apple didn't drop Flash there.

And last I checked, iOS never supported a Flash plugin. Apple never supported Flash here so there is nothing for Apple to "drop".

I think I know what you're trying to say here, but it's incorrect.

Well in case of OS X, Adobe don't need to even ask Apple. Thru Adobe drop development on Linux (might be related to Android drop?), they left OS X probably because they relese editing software on it

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Again, I'm pretty sure I get what he's trying to say but saying it that way is technically incorrect.

It's mainly the way they go about it. They either don't support it or decide to remove it and don't care how much it inconveniences their customers. Oh sorry, here's a new lightening cable. Sorry all your expensive accessories don't work. It's the same thing with how they dealt with Flash. It was never a positive for anyone.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Default Thought this was funny and interesting.

It's mainly the way they go about it. They either don't support it or decide to remove it and don't care how much it inconveniences their customers. Oh sorry, here's a new lightening cable. Sorry all your expensive accessories don't work. It's the same thing with how they dealt with Flash. It was never a positive for anyone.

It was never negative either. If anything, the lack of flash pushed alternatives like HTML 5 forward much, much faster.

Also, I see you're trying to bring lightning into the argument, but what they did is no different than the move from miniUSB to microUSB, or from any of the proprietary cables to microusb. Is it not convenient? Yes. But was it absolutely necessary? Yes.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

So it's hate for hates sake?

Apple didn't kill Flash. Apple was under no obligation to support it on mobile.

Last edited by Ry; 12-18-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    It was never negative either. If anything, the lack of flash pushed alternatives like HTML 5 forward much, much faster.

Also, I see you're trying to bring lightning into the argument, but what they did is no different than the move from miniUSB to microUSB, or from any of the proprietary cables to microusb. Is it not convenient? Yes. But was it absolutely necessary? Yes.
    Ah. I had so many left over mini USB cables.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post

Okay I get what your saying but let me put it in this perspective. Maybe you will agree, maybe not. The mini to micro usb was really only a cable change. This is a minor inconvenience. Similar to having a different charger for my transformer prime as it needs more juice. I can live with that. But changing the charger when so many people have invested in other accessories was a much different situation. The lightening cable is nothing more than a new fangled usb, so I would ask why they wouldn't just stick with what everyone else uses so people are not inconvenienced.

This is similar to the Flash thing. Html 5 is still not ready for prime time. It was only just recently validated by W3, yet flash was dropped. I know all the reasons why and some of the logic is sound. This is my business. But the backlash, inconvenience and added cost that occurs due to a premature change does not justify the benefit.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

So it's hate for hates sake?

Apple didn't kill Flash. Apple was under no obligation to support it on mobile.

It's not hate at all. It's an unnecessary inconvenience that has cost many people time, money and also a loss of an available service that still had value. We all can agree that Flash was dying but we need to allow users to adapt to the change rather than just drop it. Flash was still very much intertwined in day to day technology. Apple had the upper hand with their product and chose to strong arm their customers. Personally this is one reason I have never truly embraced Apple. They are like a abusive school master who thinks they know everything. It's an abuse of power that is self centric and not customer centric.

Just my experience from a personal and business perspective. And I know that I am not alone in this on both sides of the argument. I've had the conversation with many people over the years.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Ah. I had so many left over mini USB cables.

Imagine how you would feel if these were $400 speaker systems or alarm clocks etc. That usb cable was nothing. In 2 years an old apple connected device will be garbage ready for the dump. Not very environmentally friendly either.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

It's not hate at all. It's an unnecessary inconvenience that has cost many people time, money and also a loss of an available service that still had value. We all can agree that Flash was dying but we need to allow users to adapt to the change rather than just drop it. Flash was still very much intertwined in day to day technology. Apple had the upper hand with their product and chose to strong arm their customers. Personally this is one reason I have never truly embraced Apple. They are like a abusive school master who thinks they know everything. It's an abuse of power that is self centric and not customer centric.

Just my experience from a personal and business perspective. And I know that I am not alone in this on both sides of the argument. I've had the conversation with many people over the years.

Again, especially in the case of mobile, you can't drop what never existed.

Did Windows Mobile support Flash?

Did BlackBerry support Flash?

Did webOS support Flash? (Actually I don't know the answer to this one)

This is not Apple's fault.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

Imagine how you would feel if these were $400 speaker systems or alarm clocks etc. That usb cable was nothing. In 2 years an old apple connected device will be garbage ready for the dump. Not very environmentally friendly either.

In 2 years, Apple will probably still be selling the 4S. It's not like these devices stop working because there's a new connector on newer devices.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Again, especially in the case of mobile, you can't drop what never existed.

Did Windows Mobile support Flash?

Did BlackBerry support Flash?

Did webOS support Flash? (Actually I don't know the answer to this one)

This is not Apple's fault.

It's a matter of choosing to include an essential service. This is why Microsoft chose to include it on the Surface tablet even 2 years later. Windows Mobile and BlackBerry were not capable of supporting Flash. There's a huge difference. I can't believe you are making this argument other than for arguments sake.

Android Evangelist
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

In 2 years, Apple will probably still be selling the 4S. It's not like these devices stop working because there's a new connector on newer devices.

Lol. Okay you officially lost cred and became a fanboy. Sorry. I honestly misjudged you, but you are throwing in speculation of maintaining an old product to justify the over priced walled garden. It's sad. I thought you were smarter than that.

Android Evangelist
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

It's a matter of choosing to include an essential service. This is why Microsoft chose to include it on the Surface tablet even 2 years later. Windows Mobile and BlackBerry were not capable of supporting Flash. There's a huge difference. I can't believe you are making this argument other than for arguments sake.

I can't believe you think Apple is responsible for Flash's death on mobile.

Can you admit that the wording "Apple dropped Flash" for mobile is incorrect? It really isn't an argument for argument's sake. It's technically wrong to say that and others here can see that. That's really the only point I was trying to make with regards to Flash but you seem to want to make it something bigger.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast