Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
What did you think about t6e most recent link I posted?

Motorola Photon 4G

The one about iCloud? I wasn't aware of these issues. I won't hammer Apple over that as I think lots of companies suffer from network issues, but I can't say I'm upset.

First World Problems. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just stumbled on this thread. Apple is such a loser trying to sue after getting beat by 4 years on the trademark.
Anytime someone sticks it to apple, I get all warm and fuzzy. :p

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Considering we have no idea how Apple's patent compares to other wireless charging designs, your consternation is premature.

It only takes one patent to wreak havoc. Take the slide-to-unlock feature, for example. If apple were to successfully patent that, with zero-length sliding as part of that patent, then that means that all phones companies not iOS using the slide to unlock or pin unlock (because of zero-length) could be sued for infringing on Apple's patent. Do you see where I am going with this? If Apple were to patent the wireless charging, which they did not create, only use in longer distances, they could eventually say that any distance that a phone is being charged wirelessly from is part of their patent.

Motorola Photon 4G

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It only takes one patent to wreak havoc. Take the slide-to-unlock feature, for example. If apple were to successfully patent that, with zero-length sliding as part of that patent, then that means that all phones companies not iOS using the slide to unlock or pin unlock (because of zero-length) could be sued for infringing on Apple's patent. Do you see where I am going with this? If Apple were to patent the wireless charging, which they did not create, only use in longer distances, they could eventually say that any distance that a phone is being charged wirelessly from is part of their patent.

Motorola Photon 4G

You seem to be under the false impression that there is only one type of wireless charging. That is not the case. The technical details of the patent matter. Without knowing exact details, it is premature to pass any sort of judgement.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You are a blind follower.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I am not a blind follower of anything. Just because I don't buy into the bs that you and others propagate here (that anything that apple does, says, or writes is wrong) doesn't make me a blind follower. It would be to your benefit to actually drop your bias and pay attention to facts for once.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Pot. Kettle. Black.

I am not a blind follower of anything. Just because I don't buy into the bs that you and others propagate here (that anything that apple does, says, or writes is wrong) doesn't make me a blind follower. It would be to your benefit to actually drop your bias and pay attention to facts for once.

I will once again say that you don't know me. I am basing my comment on every post I have ever seen you write on AC which is some type of Defense of Apple. I give Apple credit for the quality products they make. Search my posts for proof. But Apple as a company are a bunch of slanty scumbags. Steve Jobs was an a** to his employees and his philosophy and legacy continue on even after he has gone. They sue and hurt innovation and honest people. They call their competitors thieves then steal from others. If this is how all companies are supposed to run then I feel sorry for humanity. Find me a case where Google, Microsoft or IBM are sueing small businesses like a school or apple Orchard over some petty thing that means nothing. It doesnt exist. It's not about what is legally right it's about what is good. Google may not be perfect but they have proven that they will do what is good and not be evil. They recently had an opportunity to sue Apple via Motorola held patents. Yet even after a judge said that they had a case they opted to drop they case to little fan fare. Apple drops nothing. They sue sue sue. They are greedy to a fault. It's not about the quality of their products for me, it's about the integrity to make a purposeful impact on society regardless of financial gain. Any company that is as big as Apple that would waste so much energy hurting innocent people in the name of corporate gain don't deserve the success they have had.

And you sir support them with blind abandon for what reason? :confused:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Last I checked, you could patent an "improvement" on an existing idea.

Apple files a patent for something related to wireless charging. Suddenly it's ok to say things like "Apple thinks they invented wireless charging".

Right.

Again, we don't know the details of this patent. No need to jump to conclusions.

But if your hate for one corporation and love for another corporation consumes you that much, by all means - post away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Last I checked, you could patent an "improvement" on an existing idea.

Apple files a patent for something related to wireless charging. Suddenly it's ok to say things like "Apple thinks they invented wireless charging".

Right.

Again, we don't know the details of this patent. No need to jump to conclusions.

But if your hate for one corporation and love for another corporation consumes you that much, by all means - post away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I can't argue with that Ry. But for what it's worth the patent on the wireless charging was a very small part of the long list of posts in this thread. I'd like to see someone find that many negative posts on Google.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I will once again say that you don't know me. I am basing my comment on every post I have ever seen you write on AC which is some type of Defense of Apple. I give Apple credit for the quality products they make. Search my posts for proof. But Apple as a company are a bunch of slanty scumbags. Steve Jobs was an a** to his employees and his philosophy and legacy continue on even after he has gone. They sue and hurt innovation and honest people. They call their competitors thieves then steal from others. If this is how all companies are supposed to run then I feel sorry for humanity. Find me a case where Google, Microsoft or IBM are sueing small businesses like a school or apple Orchard over some petty thing that means nothing. It doesnt exist. It's not about what is legally right it's about what is good. Google may not be perfect but they have proven that they will do what is good and not be evil. They recently had an opportunity to sue Apple via Motorola held patents. Yet even after a judge said that they had a case they opted to drop they case to little fan fare. Apple drops nothing. They sue sue sue. They are greedy to a fault. It's not about the quality of their products for me, it's about the integrity to make a purposeful impact on society regardless of financial gain. Any company that is as big as Apple that would waste so much energy hurting innocent people in the name of corporate gain don't deserve the success they have had.

Thanks for proving you're just an angry fanboy upset that a company is defending its IP. I've been around here far longer than you, and it's clear you haven't paid any attention to my posting history, despite your claims to the contrary.

I do not support or hate any company. I respond when I see people thinking with their rear ends instead of the brain they were born with, and that includes defending apple, google, or any other company that comes under attack by the likes of you for no rational reason. Nothing deserves the constant stream of hatred that you and others here like to throw at apple, Microsoft and others. All the behaviors you identify above have been exhibited by all of the companies I've mentioned, google included. None are angels, and none are as evil as you seem to want them to be.

So here's a tip: even though this is an android site, it isn't an echo chamber. You post fanboy bs, you'll get called on it, just like anyone else here. Do step outside your bubble and join the rest of us, won't you?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Oh, and just for good measure: the only reason google dropped the case against apple was the impending antitrust investigations into Motorola's patent licensing behavior that could significantly impact their patent portfolio. No company drops a suit out of the goodness of their heart, google included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888