Thought this was funny and interesting.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok enough. I would rather keep this thread open than have it closed because of two people arguing over small items.

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for proving you're just an angry fanboy upset that a company is defending its IP. I've been around here far longer than you, and it's clear you haven't paid any attention to my posting history, despite your claims to the contrary.

I do not support or hate any company. I respond when I see people thinking with their rear ends instead of the brain they were born with, and that includes defending apple, google, or any other company that comes under attack by the likes of you for no rational reason. Nothing deserves the constant stream of hatred that you and others here like to throw at apple, Microsoft and others. All the behaviors you identify above have been exhibited by all of the companies I've mentioned, google included. None are angels, and none are as evil as you seem to want them to be.

So here's a tip: even though this is an android site, it isn't an echo chamber. You post fanboy bs, you'll get called on it, just like anyone else here. Do step outside your bubble and join the rest of us, won't you?

Sorry Slender Troll ;-)

If I am such a fanboy, why would I create this thread?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ta...ets-laggy-compared-ipad-windows-8-tablet.html

I have read so many of your posts and 80% are all in defense of Apple for various things. Maybe that is just a fluke. You obviously love technology as I do. All of my posts are not to bash Apple and I certainly don't want this to be a personal attack on you. So peace offering. I will try to be as civil as I can ;-)

In all fairness to this thread, these are all newsworthy posts that you can choose to agree with or disagree with. If you feel that Google is also guilty of these kind of behaviors then please show it to me as I would just as easily thrash them if they are acting in kind. Don't just say that Google is as guilty and have nothing to back it up. I own a graphic design company and own many Mac computers. I can judge Apple any way I like from an unbiased perspective. That doesn;t automatically make me a fanboy. I said their products are not the problem. It is how they run their company that I dislike. And the massive amounts of posts prove that they are scum. I am entitled to that opinion based on the evidence found in mass quantities online.

And I am not saying that Apple shouldn't defend their IP, but a small apple orchard or a school are not anything to defend against. I'm just saying that it would be nice for them to choose the real threats rather than burying innocent companies in money and legal paperwork. It's stupid and doesn't benefit their IP in any way. The company that was using an "Apple" for their "Apple orchard" created it when Apple was almost bankrupt. It was a cheap piece of clip art for crying out loud. What should they use for their logo? A tomato? The fact that the logo depicts what they do is of no threat to Apple in any way. If you think this is how companies should act then I am sorry for you. I think Apple can continue to do great things without stomping on the little people.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and just for good measure: the only reason google dropped the case against apple was the impending antitrust investigations into Motorola's patent licensing behavior that could significantly impact their patent portfolio. No company drops a suit out of the goodness of their heart, google included.

Do you have any proof to back this up?

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Wierd indeed. I just read the article though. I have to agree with the Korean guy saying that Apple would rather ""compete through the courts rather than the marketplace," and [is] using the courts to conduct a smear campaign."

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Finally! Some progress is being made.

http://m.androidcentral.com/apple-s...nvalid-uspto?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

Clarification: there is no such thing as a tentative invalidation. The USPTO issued a tentative rejection of the claims, which may or may not lead to invalidation. As Engadget noted in their coverage, it's the first step towards invalidation, but apple will get to respond and could narrow the scope of the patent in order to stop it from being invalidated. It's very similar to what happened with the bounce back patent:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/...alidity-of-apple-bounce-back-patent-rejection

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Clarification: there is no such thing as a tentative invalidation. The USPTO issued a tentative rejection of the claims, which may or may not lead to invalidation. As Engadget noted in their coverage, it's the first step towards invalidation, but apple will get to respond and could narrow the scope of the patent in order to stop it from being invalidated. It's very similar to what happened with the bounce back patent:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/...alidity-of-apple-bounce-back-patent-rejection

I agree but what would you like to see happen with this patent?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what that means.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

I would guess that he means Apple would have to be more specific about what actions that patent covers. Instead of being too general. I could be wrong as I'm a sports nerd first.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Spreaking of "Apple implementations", Apple got there multitouch solutions from acquired company called Fingerworks in 2005 which operated since 1999:

FingerWorks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-touch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Various companies expanded upon these inventions in the beginning of the twenty-first century. The company Fingerworks developed various multi-touch technologies between 1999 and 2005, including Touchstream keyboards and the iGesture Pad. Several studies of this technology were published in the early 2000s by Alan Hedge, professor of human factors and ergonomics at Cornell University.[10][11][12] Apple acquired Fingerworks and its multi-touch technology in 2005. Mainstream exposure to multi-touch technology occurred in 2007 when the iPhone gained popularity, with Apple stating they 'invented multi touch' as part of the iPhone announcement,[13] however both the function and the term predate the announcement or patent requests, except for such area of application as capacitive mobile screens, which did not exist before Fingerworks/Apple's technology (Fingerworks filed patents in 2001-2005[14], subsequent multitouch refinements were patented by Apple[15]).

So Apple actually might have fair right for those implementations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888