Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
lol.

I could say the same thing about your views and speculation on Flash but I don't need to call you a fanboy to prove anything or make me feel better about myself.

Do previous products stop working because a new connector is made? Nope. That is a fact.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
You're missing the point of the discussion.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I never said they were responsible for Flash's death. Did you not read what I said?

All I was doing was pointing out that this is incorrect.

...but when Apple dropped Flash..

Last I checked, OS X has a Flash plugin available. Apple didn't drop Flash there.

And last I checked, iOS never supported a Flash plugin. Apple never supported Flash here so there is nothing for Apple to "drop".

I think I know what you're trying to say here, but it's incorrect.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Okay you officially lost cred and became a fanboy. Sorry. I honestly misjudged you, but you are throwing in speculation of maintaining an old product to justify the over priced walled garden. It's sad. I thought you were smarter than that.

I thought you would have realized that a while ago. Just be the better person and move on, you just can't have a rational argument with some people.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You're missing the point of the discussion.

The only negative I see with the new Lightning connector is the authentication chip. Apple should be investigated for that. Isn't Apple part of the consortium that set micro USB as the standard connector? That consortium allowed Apple to get by with micro USB adapters. That shouldn't have ever happened.

Going to a smaller size is beneficial for them. It was bound to happen. Apple should have been forced to go with micro USB but who's going to make them? Nobody.

Oh and wall-garden? All of these corporations want to somehow lock you into their walled-garden. Google wants to do it. Microsoft wants to do it. Amazon wants to do it. Facebook wants to do it. Apple wants to do it. Without scrolling back a few pages, I'm pretty sure even you posted about how Samsung wants to try to do that too. But when Apple does it, it's wrong and evil. That right there is hate for hate's sake.

Take a step back. All of these companies want you and/or your money.

And here's Nokia going after Google Talk, the Play Store, and Play Store content on HTC and Viewsonic Android devices in Germany: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ibution-google-play-store-client-germany.html

But most probably won't care because it's not Apple.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought you would have realized that a while ago. Just be the better person and move on, you just can't have a rational argument with some people.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Playing instigator as usual. There's some genuinely good discussion going on here. No need to pollute it with personal attacks.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay I get what your saying but let me put it in this perspective. Maybe you will agree, maybe not. The mini to micro usb was really only a cable change. This is a minor inconvenience. Similar to having a different charger for my transformer prime as it needs more juice. I can live with that. But changing the charger when so many people have invested in other accessories was a much different situation. The lightening cable is nothing more than a new fangled usb, so I would ask why they wouldn't just stick with what everyone else uses so people are not inconvenienced.

This is similar to the Flash thing. Html 5 is still not ready for prime time. It was only just recently validated by W3, yet flash was dropped. I know all the reasons why and some of the logic is sound. This is my business. But the backlash, inconvenience and added cost that occurs due to a premature change does not justify the benefit.

Your point still makes no sense. Connectors change all the time. (And this was really only a cable change, despite what you claim) It is what happens when technology advances quickly. The situation is identical to any number of other cable changes we've seen.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a matter of choosing to include an essential service. This is why Microsoft chose to include it on the Surface tablet even 2 years later. Windows Mobile and BlackBerry were not capable of supporting Flash. There's a huge difference. I can't believe you are making this argument other than for arguments sake.

Flash has not EVER been an essential service.

Also, the surface doesn't support flash. It supports a limited selection of websites that use it, and it doesn't run it well.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That is semantics. They chose to exclude it.

So? You're trying to claim that it as even an option. From the very beginning apple and Steve jobs made it clear flash would never be on the iPhone. It wasn't ever a choice to exclude. There wasn't ever anything to 'drop'.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The only negative I see with the new Lightning connector is the authentication chip. Apple should be investigated for that. Isn't Apple part of the consortium that set micro USB as the standard connector? That consortium allowed Apple to get by with micro USB adapters. That shouldn't have ever happened.

Going to a smaller size is beneficial for them. It was bound to happen. Apple should have been forced to go with micro USB but who's going to make them? Nobody.

Oh and wall-garden? All of these corporations want to somehow lock you into their walled-garden. Google wants to do it. Microsoft wants to do it. Amazon wants to do it. Facebook wants to do it. Apple wants to do it. Without scrolling back a few pages, I'm pretty sure even you posted about how Samsung wants to try to do that too. But when Apple does it, it's wrong and evil. That right there is hate for hate's sake.

Take a step back. All of these companies want you and/or your money.

And here's Nokia going after Google Talk, the Play Store, and Play Store content on HTC and Viewsonic Android devices in Germany: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ibution-google-play-store-client-germany.html

But most probably won't care because it's not Apple.
But all the other companies aren't making unique power connectors only for their phones? Imagine if Samsung started making a samsung only connector? I'd flip my lid on them. Micro usb is the standard everyone agreed to so why didn't apple just use that standard? BlackBerry does it. Windows does it. Android does it. Oh but not apple. Nope they want everyone to use their connector. This is much different than when everyone came together and said. Okay we agree that we need thinner phones so mini ubs is out and micro is in. This my friend makes logical sense. The apple connectors don't.

And as for Nokia suing HTC. Screw Nokia for being a dumbass. All of these patent disputes are for the scum patent trolls. All these companies need to let it go. But Apple proved they want to continue to play the legal game when they walked out in the Motorola case. That showed their true colors.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Your point still makes no sense. Connectors change all the time. (And this was really only a cable change, despite what you claim) It is what happens when technology advances quickly. The situation is identical to any number of other cable changes we've seen.
But if Apple used micro usb from the beginning like everyone else then people would still be able to use their accessories. And people with other phones could also buy these accessories.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Flash has not EVER been an essential service.

Also, the surface doesn't support flash. It supports a limited selection of websites that use it, and it doesn't run it well.
Oh I know but why wouldn't they? They could have easily done it. People made apps that could view them

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So? You're trying to claim that it as even an option. From the very beginning apple and Steve jobs made it clear flash would never be on the iPhone. It wasn't ever a choice to exclude. There wasn't ever anything to 'drop'.
If I had choose to not wear underwear I am excluding an essential part of my clothing. It is not necessary but it sure makes things a whole lot better doesn't it?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If I had choose to not wear underwear I am excluding an essential part of my clothing. It is not necessary but it sure makes things a whole lot better doesn't it?

If you never put underwear on, you couldn't have ever dropped it.

lol

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you never put underwear on, you couldn't have ever dropped it.

lol

Lol. Dang it Ry! How am I supposed to argue with that. :thumbup:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Underwear is not essential. The inclusion of underwear in every day wear is a rather new occurrence.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But if Apple used micro usb from the beginning like everyone else then people would still be able to use their accessories. And people with other phones could also buy these accessories.

Apples dock connector existed before microUSB and was a significantly better connector. Apple didn't choose any USB connector for a reason. 10 years after the introduction of the dock connector, and microUSB STILL can't match it's features, or lightning for that matter.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Underwear is not essential. The inclusion of underwear in every day wear is a rather new occurrence.
I also heard Steve Jobs refused to shower and didn't think that was essential either, so it makes sense that you would make this comment. :confused: but it was funny anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt