Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple gave Samsung suggestions of other designs for phones. And they were just plain stupid.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
Oh right. I think they even mentioned the Nokia Lumia then they stole the design for the new ipod.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh right. I think they even mentioned the Nokia Lumia then they stole the design for the new ipod.

They didn't steal that design. First of all, you need to go back and look at pictures of the iPad mini, whose design predates the Lumia's, as well as the second gen nano. Second of all, the new nano's design is a stretched version of the previous generation's. there's a gif somewhere around that shows the same thing, but essentially, the new nano was the old square nano stacked two on top of each other.

6tPJ3.jpg

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They didn't steal that design. First of all, you need to go back and look at pictures of the iPad mini, whose design predates the Lumia's, as well as the second gen nano. Second of all, the new nano's design is a stretched version of the previous generation's. there's a gif somewhere around that shows the same thing, but essentially, the new nano was the old square nano stacked two on top of each other.

http://i.imgur.com/6tPJ3.jpg
Been there read that. I don't agree. At the very least it goes to show that there are many designs that are so close that it's stupid to try to protect details that are so small. I think I am more annoyed by the double standard that pops up routinely about owning a look are a design that is so trivial. 10 years ago no companies acted this way. I've said before that if Motorola made the RAZR flip phone today we would have never been able to have a hinge on a phone without a law suit. Back then things were a bit more reasonable when it came to picking fights. Apple likes picking on the small guys and is just too sue happy. They hopefully will let some of the less important things go and focus on making an iphone 6 that is a killer device.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Been there read that. I don't agree. At the very least it goes to show that there are many designs that are so close that it's stupid to try to protect details that are so small. I think I am more annoyed by the double standard that pops up routinely about owning a look are a design that is so trivial. 10 years ago no companies acted this way. I've said before that if Motorola made the RAZR flip phone today we would have never been able to have a hinge on a phone without a law suit. Back then things were a bit more reasonable when it came to picking fights. Apple likes picking on the small guys and is just too sue happy. They hopefully will let some of the less important things go and focus on making an iphone 6 that is a killer device.

You don't have to agree, but it's the truth.

If it was a copy of the Lumia it would have the 'pinched' top and bottom, which it does not have. Instead, it has the flat top, bottom, and front and back, with the curved sides, which is a hallmark design of both the previous nano, and the original iPod mini. The only thing it shows is that there are gullible people out there that will believe the first anti-apple blogger instead of looking at apples own design history. You of all people, given the discussions in this thread, should know that apple relies heavily on past designs for newer ones, often updating them as materials and technology progresses.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Small guys? In the mobile space, Samsung and HTC certainly aren't small guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles