Stay away from seidio

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Short and simple. I received a Innocase II combo for my Incredible about a month and a half ago. A few days ago the spring broke on the holster, so I called seidio and asked how I can get it replaced. They asked for proof of purchase which I dont have and explained it was purchased as a gift. They said they WILL NOT exchange it due to no proof of purchase and I explained to them that the phone itself has only been out a few months which means the accessories themselves are only a few months old as well. No reason they shouldnt warranty it. They told me NO. Im just letting everyone know about there horrible customer service. Most companies stand behind there product with or without a proof of purchase, NOT SEIDIO. $30.00 holster and they wont replace it. UNREAL.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
How can there be no proof of purchase? If it was a gift, find the order number from the person who purchased it. They are an online company, its not like you can lose the receipt.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I been with seidio from the beginning with multiple phones and a shload of accessorys no problems with customer service. My only disappointment was not making the desktop charger but get that's business.

sent from my badass incredible

drPheta

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Seidio accessories all the time during my BB days. Today, they're a huge disappointment. Yes, no receipt does give them a right to deny you warranty service. However, it's a fairly new product, and it's not like you could steal the case from their storefront.

In addition. see below
Battery Testing Results... - Android Forums

Seidio has really become a poor company, in my opinion. It took them about a month to acknowledge my return was received, and then another couple weeks to issue the refund. Item was shipped, tracked, and received by them quickly... still I had to wait over a month to get my money back from them. Add to that their poor explanation of a 1750mAH battery performing like a 1500mAH battery, and you have the likings of a poor company.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you all for you comments. Seidio will gladly replace defective products within 180 days of purchase. All replacement requests must be accommodated with a valid proof of purchase. We do this to prevent abuse and misuse of the warranty claim system and to ensure that all purchases are genuine Seidio products.

Regards,

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly come on. Dont you think if it was that easy for me to get the receipt I would? I can see if this holster has been around for some time and it could be older and out of warranty, but the phone and accessories arent but a few months old. If it was easy enough for me to get the receipt I would, but I cant. The bottom line is all other companies I've dealt with regarding problems they have always pulled thru and backed there products with or without a receipt. Thanks drPheta for agreeing. Seidio Seidio please. If I sent in the defective holster you can tell its genuine, its your product. No problem. I just want to make sure I put the word out to all the forums I belong to and let them know my feelings on your customer service thats all. Crackberry, macforums etc.

Last edited:

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear, but after what they tried to pull with the Desktop Charger, I am not surprised. They kept selling their cases which were going to work with their upcoming Desktop Charger. Then for week after week kept telling customers that they were in final testing; then the next day the pulled it. Very poor customer relations...best to look elsewhere.

Short and simple. I received a Innocase II combo for my Incredible about a month and a half ago. A few days ago the spring broke on the holster, so I called seidio and asked how I can get it replaced. They asked for proof of purchase which I dont have and explained it was purchased as a gift. They said they WILL NOT exchange it due to no proof of purchase and I explained to them that the phone itself has only been out a few months which means the accessories themselves are only a few months old as well. No reason they shouldnt warranty it. They told me NO. Im just letting everyone know about there horrible customer service. Most companies stand behind there product with or without a proof of purchase, NOT SEIDIO. $30.00 holster and they wont replace it. UNREAL.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Honestly come on. Dont you think if it was that easy for me to get the receipt I would? I can see if this holster has been around for some time and it could be older and out of warranty, but the phone and accessories arent but a few months old. If it was easy enough for me to get the receipt I would, but I cant. The bottom line is all other companies I've dealt with regarding problems they have always pulled thru and backed there products with or without a receipt. Thanks drPheta for agreeing. Seidio Seidio please. If I sent in the defective holster you can tell its genuine, its your product. No problem. I just want to make sure I put the word out to all the forums I belong to and let them know my feelings on your customer service thats all. Crackberry, macforums etc.

but how does Seidio know you didnt find the holster broken? As I said before, every order has an order number. Its not realistic you are unable to provide this info.

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok its much easier for everyone to bash me here but you are not in my shoes. Most of you are not getting the point. Is it really that hard to replace a product without a receipt? I had a problem with an otterbox case for my blackberry and I called them up and without hesitation and they replaced it without even asking for anything. I guess im used to higher class companies.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If it was a gift try just giving them the name of who placed the order and the shipping address I'm sure they would honor that because I have had them look up order numbers for me before.

I'm not trying to bash you and think most others aren't either just a little curious why you can't show proof of purchase. I wish you the best of luck getting you clip replaced :)

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Honestly come on. Dont you think if it was that easy for me to get the receipt I would? No problem. I just want to make sure I put the word out to all the forums I belong to and let them know my feelings on your customer service thats all. Crackberry, macforums etc.

Can you speak to the person who got you the gift and find out where they purchased it? If from Seidio, they should still have an email or be able to provide their name to Seidio to look up the purchase. If bought elsewhere, say Amazon, they should be able to look up the info through Amazon and perform the return through them...

Seidio's return policy is below and states the need for proof of purchase (Which is usually the barcode from the box) or a receipt...

seidioonline.com

Threatening them by saying you're going to spread bad publicity about them is not going to work. Reasoning with them and providing as much information about your purchase is the better option.

Also, I'm not bashing you and neither are the others, we're trying to brainstorm and come up with solutions to help your situation. However, comments like that tend to steer people away from offering assistance. With that said, I hope you're able to rectify the situation.