Just got a 16GB SD

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Congrats...you got ripped off with a ScanDisk instead of a Sandisk. :p

Anyhow Sandisk 16GB MicroSD cards aren't anywhere near $100.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Nah didn't get ripped off. Just mistyped. I got it from a friend that works at TMO. He bought it for himself but never used it. He's gonna buy the Vibrant so he bought a 32GB one and gave me his 16GB one =D I kno it's a meaningless post but I was really happy and decided to post it. This is what he gave me:

https://shop.sandisk.com/servlet/Co...ID=sdiskus&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage

And yes, it CAN be as much as $100, $114.99 actually...

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My friend from TMo just stopped by and gave me my 2nd 16 gb card. He had about 10 of them. The employees there will sell you a used one for about $20 or so. They take them out of the returned HD2s, just go in and ask.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sort of a grey area...

So they are stolen? or is Tmo selling them?

Employees take them out of returned HD2s. The customer could choose to keep it, they just don't know any better. TMO just wants the phone returned and doesn't care about accessories(battery, sd card, etc.). No it's not an official transaction...you hand them $$$, they hand you a sd card. If you buy one off the shelf it's about $50-$60 in TMO.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
if you know someone who works at Bestbuy have them get you one.
Markup is retarded on these things. You can prob get one for like $15 with a BB employee discount.
I bought tons of cars while working there because of this.