Beyond Fed Up with Seidio

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
To even say that I am beyond fed up is an understatement at this point. I like so many others, purchased two of the Seidio Innocase II cases for mine and my wifes EVOs only to find hers was defective.

They were purchased on June 15th and I got them on June 20th and that very same day I requested a replacement for the Pink one we got as it had a ton of wiggle and play in it. I got the replacement on June 25th and immediately tried it out to see that it too was just as bad. Also by that time the Black one I had for my phone was starting to show signs of play to it.

At this point I was done with these cases and just wanted to get my money back. Paying $30 each plus Shipping and Handling was a lot for these things and I expected a quality product and boy was I wrong. They were supposed to have sent me a return label to ship back the defective one, but they never did so I called them up and they admitted they forgot to send it out and they would be sending me one which I was to get in 3-4 business days to return all my cases for a full refund.

Two weeks go by and no labels have been sent to me. On July 8th I called in, upset but calm, and the lady started to play dumb with me like I had never even purchased the cases in the first place even when I produced my order number for her to look it up. After sitting on hold 10 minutes she came back and stated she needed to speak with the department that handles returns and will call me later in the day with an update. She did, and left a voicemail for me saying they sent out the labels again and to expect them in 3-4 business days. Blah blah blah - same story I heard before.

It has now been another week and still no labels have been shipped to me. I called again, furious, but still trying to stay professional and calm and was told they will email me the shipping labels this time and to expect them before the end of the business day today. Why in the hell didn't you just email them to me in the first place? I swear if I do not have this email sitting in my inbox by the end of the day today I am going to flip my lid!

tlan

May 16, 2010
Visit site
yea i bought 2 cases from seido around the launch of the evo and they were loose. Then i got 2 replacements the black one for my phone had the new rubberized inside and fit like a glove it was great but the purple one did not have this and was still loose. I got a 2nd replacement for the purple case and it was a different color plum and it had the rubberized inside and that has fit very well too so no complaints i guess be patience because when the cases due fight right they are awesome cases that protect the phone really well.

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been lucky with great support from them but I agree with others - let them know! Good luck.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Kamen said:
To even say that I am beyond fed up is an understatement at this point. I like so many others, purchased two of the Seidio Innocase II cases for mine and my wifes EVOs only to find hers was defective.

They were purchased on June 15th and I got them on June 20th and that very same day I requested a replacement for the Pink one we got as it had a ton of wiggle and play in it. I got the replacement on June 25th and immediately tried it out to see that it too was just as bad. Also by that time the Black one I had for my phone was starting to show signs of play to it.

At this point I was done with these cases and just wanted to get my money back. Paying $30 each plus Shipping and Handling was a lot for these things and I expected a quality product and boy was I wrong. They were supposed to have sent me a return label to ship back the defective one, but they never did so I called them up and they admitted they forgot to send it out and they would be sending me one which I was to get in 3-4 business days to return all my cases for a full refund.

Two weeks go by and no labels have been sent to me. On July 8th I called in, upset but calm, and the lady started to play dumb with me like I had never even purchased the cases in the first place even when I produced my order number for her to look it up. After sitting on hold 10 minutes she came back and stated she needed to speak with the department that handles returns and will call me later in the day with an update. She did, and left a voicemail for me saying they sent out the labels again and to expect them in 3-4 business days. Blah blah blah - same story I heard before.

It has now been another week and still no labels have been shipped to me. I called again, furious, but still trying to stay professional and calm and was told they will email me the shipping labels this time and to expect them before the end of the business day today. Why in the hell didn't you just email them to me in the first place? I swear if I do not have this email sitting in my inbox by the end of the day today I am going to flip my lid!

Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we apologize for your experience! Please provide me your order information and we will be more than happy to help you out!

Regards,

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that's good customer service! When's the last time you've seen a company monitor forums and handle customer issues on the spot! Makes me want to get a Seidio case, but I hate cases in general. Good show guys!

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Now that's good customer service! When's the last time you've seen a company monitor forums and handle customer issues on the spot! Makes me want to get a Seidio case, but I hate cases in general. Good show guys!

Just this week. Paul Buff. He is famous for hanging out on forums and resolving issues with his products. I'm sure some of you know the eccentric Ffub C. Luap.

labnotes

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we apologize for your experience! Please provide me your order information and we will be more than happy to help you out!

Regards,

I wish more companies where involved like this. Makes me want to get a Seidio case now. Keep up the excellent customer service!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Seidio's Customer Service is generally excellent (especially when SeidioSeidio gets involved on this and many other forums), but the Innocase II for the Evo does have fitment issues. It's just a tiny bit loose and you can feel the case flex around the Evo.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That's why I never buy from seidio anymore. Crappy products

Well, people's mileage with their products varies. I still have a wonderful Innocase for my Pre that still fits and looks beautiful, even though some complained of them breaking easily. I think we're seeing the same with the Seidio Evo cases; most are good, but I think I'm seeing more complaints than we should be.

Concho Pete

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kamen, I just went through the return process, as I sent back the replacement Innocase II that was still loose (the replacement they sent me was the same as the original....no added felt and no rubberized coating on the inside).

Expect to see a refund 2 weeks after they receive the returned cases. They received the case on July 2, I received an email on July 14 that they were issuing the refund.....and the credit showed up yesterday, July 16.

Just wanted to let you know that it is a bit of a slow process.

By the way, I did order and receive the Seidio Active & holster. For the few days I've had it, it seems to be a very good case/holster combo.

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The new generation (gen 2) Seidio Innocase II Surfaces are now rubberized on the inside (instead of plastic), so you should not see anymore loose fit issues.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Kamen, I just went through the return process, as I sent back the replacement Innocase II that was still loose (the replacement they sent me was the same as the original....no added felt and no rubberized coating on the inside).

Expect to see a refund 2 weeks after they receive the returned cases. They received the case on July 2, I received an email on July 14 that they were issuing the refund.....and the credit showed up yesterday, July 16.

Just wanted to let you know that it is a bit of a slow process.

When I talked to them initially on the phone I stated that was a concern as well and she assured me as soon as they get the cases back they issue the refund so I should have it within two days after they get them. I doubt it, but we'll see.

The new generation (gen 2) Seidio Innocase II Surfaces are now rubberized on the inside (instead of plastic), so you should not see anymore loose fit issues.

My Black one was a Gen 2 and within a week it became super loose on the phone.

----------

On a side note I did get the emailed label last night and when I replied back letting the lady know I got it I asked why this was never an option in the first place. Instead they led me on with false hopes and promises that the label was being mailed out to me, but it never was. She failed to even acknowledge that question.

Also when I asked what the company would do to compensate for the long wait, lies, and headaches I have had over this whole ordeal, the ***** actually had the nerve to get an attitude with me and say they were mailed out, and basically it was my fault for not getting them as I must have just not seen them and therefore they would be doing nothing to make up for the problem. Are you serious? If I had it sent to my work and it was getting sorted with hundreds of other pieces of mail, maybe, but it came to my home where I get like shopping ads, a junk letter or two and a bill on average. I am pretty sure I would have seen it if it came.

To SeidioSeidio, unless you are able to do something to compensate for all of the problems I have had with your company, there's not much you can do now. You have already lost my business from here on out and I will make sure I will let others know of my poor experiences with your company as well. Also here's food for thought, take it or leave it. Instead of rushing a product that is defective on to the market why don't you put some effort in to testing it out thoroughly to prevent so many issues like you have with this case. I'd be happen to wait the time if that meant I was getting a quality product. Patience is a virtue and it pays off in the long run.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't have to rant on a forum to get a problem taken care of. This is not good customer service.

I agree. I like that they monitor the forums, but I shouldn't rely on that to get problems taken care of. They should be just as helpful on the phone as they are on the forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800