Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg P1
  • 1 Post By li2327
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Which Phone?

I'm now on my third Android phone. My HTC Desire HD had served me very well, but it was two years old, and I was looking for an upgrade, and I was determined to be open to whatever was out there. I'm waiting to see whether Blackberry gets back on its feet before I commit to anything they have. My first smartphone was a Windows phone, and they blew it with me, sorry, no thanks. Several friends had encouraged me to get an iPhone, but I had reservations due to the many restrictions placed on users by Apple.

I went to several dealers seeking their advice. The first place was a fairly well-established store, where the salesperson said he "emphatically recommended the iPhone" because he "owned one." When I said I was leaning towards an Android phone, he said he strongly suggested an older LG model, which as far as I could tell, he was stuck with, and trying to clear them out. From that, I concluded he wasn't there to serve my best interests, only his own, and I decided to seek advice elsewhere. Several other dealers offered various forms of advice, but I then decided to do the remainder of my research online.

I sought out the direct, feature-by-feature comparisons done by organizations which appeared to be fairly impartial. From this, it was clear that the Samsung Galaxy phones were getting very good ratings. I was originally intending to go with the Galaxy 3, but after handling the Galaxy Note 2, I decided it was best for me. I originally thought it was a bit too big, but that was also my initial impression about the HTC Desire HD, which I had been using for the last 2 years, but over time, phones got bigger, and at 4.2" it isn't considered so large anymore. At 5.5", the Galaxy Note 2 still seems a bit large, but it fits well in my pockets, and I am already very attached to the big screen and the stylus.

I was expecting to lose a feature or two in the changeover, but that didn't happen. Everything is better for the most part, and I have no regrets at all about getting the Galaxy Note 2. My biggest fear was dropping it; due to it's large size and plastic body, it's sure to break. That large span of glass mounted on a flimsy body is cause for concern. I already dropped once, but thankfully it was on a carpet. I opted for the integrated screen cover which comes from Samsung, and replaces the back cover. This may help protect the screen from impacts, but not the rest of the phone. I looked at the Otterbox, but by the total size of the thing, no thanks. I found a plastic skin for the body of the phone, but it interfered with the flap, so I cut out that side with a pair of scissors. It works great now, and offers much better protection to the phone. It also adds very little to the overall size and weight of the phone. As I said, couldn't be happier.
    nancybout likes this.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Re: Which Phone?

Glad to hear you found a phone that works for you and that you love!

The Galaxy Note II is definitely one of my choices for upgrades jn a couple of weeks. I haven't heard anything but good reviews about it.
    nancybout likes this.

Yup. Dropped it twice w a case, no problem. One w a ditztronic and second with the Cruzer lite.. Now a Sedio coming. Not taking any more chances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

hi
    MFJ Ghost Cam is a new android application for the smartphones .
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GNhbS5tYWluIl0.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Nearly 2 years later, I've traded the Note 2 for a Note 4. I'm almost sad to let the Note 2 go. It was a great phone. It's now for sale.

similar thoughts about Note 2.