- Junior Member
- 0 Posts
Locked out of android tablet HELP!!!
My son just got an android tablet for his birthday & managed to lock it with a password that none of us can figure out. I've tried the whole power button + volume up & down thing.. nothing. & it doesn't ask for the google account linked to the device or give me any "forgot password" option.?!?! I'm clueless as to how I can fix it at this point. I think from what ive looked up it's a "Chinese clone droid" & the box it came in only says 'tablet PC' so I thought I'd give up & ask someone who knows more than me. I appreciate any help in advance!
- 02-24-2013, 12:40 AM #2
Re: Locked out of android tablet HELP!!!
When you power off the device you should be able to hold the power button and volume up and take it to recovery mode. From there you should have a factory reset option.
If you can't do that then there isn't a whole lot you can do. If it's a cheap knock-off tablet there may not even be a recovery installed.
Sent from my YP-G70 using Android Central Forums
- By trashramona in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 17Last Post: 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM
- By digink in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
- By Rynooooo in forum Acer Iconia A500Replies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM
- By Tenacious--M in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
- By notjacinth in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM