My phone is old according sales rep at RadioShack

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Went into RadioShack yesterday to get a phone case for my new Razr M phone. The lady asked to see my phone and began to look for a case. I spotted the case before she did and pointed out to her that there was only one style. I asked if she had any other styles and she told me that my phone was old and I had no idea how cellphone releases actually worked. She continued by trying to convince me that the Iphone 5 and Samsung G3S was the newest phones on the market. I kindly asked her for my phone back and informed the misinformed child that both the phones she just mentioned are not the newest phones released and in fact are older than my phone albeit more popular. Perhaps she meant to say that the Iphone 5 and Samsung G3S are the highest selling phone right now but are not by far the newest phones on the market. To say the least, I left before she could call me an old lady for using a droid phone over the 2 other popular phones that just so happen to be the newest phones on the market.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
To many people, any phone over 4 months old is obsolete garbage, even if it was the top of the line when it came out. As such, you should immediately throw it out and buy the NEW newest and greatest phone asap. That's my opinion of some of these people anyway. ;)

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
In that case, the iphone 5, GS3, All motorola driod phones and many other phones should be thrown away since they are all over 4 months old yet less than a year old. Hmmmm, that makes sense now. Well I guess I should be without a phone because there hasn't been a new phone released less than 4 months ago. I should have stayed with my Blackberry. You know, it's been calling every since I retired it a couple years ago and switched to the iphone. I feel like signing, "Who's that Lady" from the swift commerical theme song.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
First off, RadioShack is sales-driven; the associates there make commissions and other considerations based on selling stuff. Naturally a sales person is going to try to sell you something to drive up their own paycheck. This is neither right nor wrong; it merely is a factor one must take into consideration when going into any particular store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34