Android + IPv6

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's specific to Verizon or the Droid X, but I seem to be IPv6 enabled. If you go to SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker in the upper right it will show you your IPv6 address. There's also a link to some cool IPv6 stuff - unfortunately one of the biggest draws for IPv6 is the famous Kame.net dancing turtle, but sadly we don't seem to have animated GIF support.

Note that you may need an IPv6-enabled DNS resolver to get to IPv6 sites like http://ipv6.google.com, luckily Google's resolver at 8.8.8.8 will work just fine. Hopefully there's someone else out there in AC-land that will find this interesting.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I take it back, either I was a part of a trial (I live near the Boston LTE deployment) or I was on my v6-enabled wifi network. Still nice to know Android is v6 aware and Froyo gets animated gifs.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
A few of you seem to be interested in IPv6, I've been creating some write-ups on some of the things I've been playing with. They're focused around Ubuntu as an underlying OS, but quite a bit is applicable to other operating systems as well. If you're interested in anything else I'd be happy to create some more tutorials, I am missing some very basic ones. Of course, all of these are accessible over IPv6 if you've got it :)

How to set up a dual mode IPv4/IPv6 hostname
Universal Ping script for Linux

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes