Three cheers for Jason Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
So what exactly is your problem with gays again? Or your problem in this thread?
I really hate repeating myself. Just go over the thread again.

When people quit discriminating it will quit making news, so you can only thank people like yourself.

Hmm, discriminating...
I'm white and my wife is black, from another country no less. Lol, I hardly think discrimination is in my vocabulary.

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I really hate repeating myself. Just go over the thread again.

Hmm, discriminating...
I'm white and my wife is black, from another country no less. Lol, I hardly think discrimination is in my vocabulary.

Wasnt aware discrimination only exists among races. Learn something new every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Wasnt aware discrimination only exists among races. Learn something new every day.

I didn't say that either. Look at what i said through a landscape lens, not a zoomed in lens.

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say that either. Look at what i said through a landscape lens, not a zoomed in lens.

Well then youd understand why you marrying a black woman holds no weight. I'm white and my gf is Mexican. Doesnt mean I can't judge jews or gays.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Well then youd understand why you marrying a black woman holds no weight. I'm white and my gf is Mexican. Doesnt mean I can't judge jews or gays.

Usually a discriminating personality goes across the board. The discriminator tends to only like people that reflect himself/herself.

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Look at how big of a deal it is with Obama being our first black president. I guarantee some people would not vote for him specifically because he's black.

And how would you classify white people that voted for Obama simply because he is black, just to prove they are not racist.

Also how would you classify black people that voted for him simply because he's black?

Of course I would like to hear the opinions of others, but I am more interested in yours..

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Look at how big of a deal it is with Obama being our first black president. I guarantee some people would not vote for him specifically because he's black. Same goes for gays.

How can you possibly equate the civil rights struggle of black Americans to the whining of homosexuals?

Homosexuality is a choice, and so far I have yet to meet anyone that has had the ability to choose the color of their skin.

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
How can you possibly equate the civil rights struggle of black Americans to the whining of homosexuals?

Homosexuality is a choice, and so far I have yet to meet anyone that has had the ability to choose the color of their skin.

A choice? I could not choose to be gay. I like women. I find nothing about men attractive.

If you think homosexuality is a choice then you're bisexual. Congrats. If you couldnt choose to like it then what makes you think they "chose" it? What a joke. Just because you could apparently choose to enjoy that decision it doesnt mean there aren't actual straight people that couldn't do that.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

"Whining?" Disrespectful to minimize issue when homosexuals get murdered. "A choice?" That is completely false. If it is a choice than all heteros beware because you secret gay alter ego is lurking not far away.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
A choice? I could not choose to be gay. I like women. I find nothing about men attractive.

If you think homosexuality is a choice then you're bisexual. Congrats. If you couldnt choose to like it then what makes you think they "chose" it? What a joke. Just because you could apparently choose to enjoy that decision it doesnt mean there aren't actual straight people that couldn't do that.

I am not bisexual in any way shape or form, in order to be bisexual I would have to have had sex with another man.

As I stated in an earlier post Jason Collins was engaged to a woman (for about 8 years from what I have read) during this period he was also actively having sex with men as well. That is what makes his decision a choice. He chose men over women.....

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am not bisexual in any way shape or form, in order to be bisexual I would have to have had sex with another man.

As I stated in an earlier post Jason Collins was engaged to a woman (for about 8 years from what I have read) during this period he was also actively having sex with men as well. That is what makes his decision a choice. He chose men over women.....

Or he is sexually attracted to both. Thats the case for plenty. I have a male cousin that was always playing barbies with our girl cousins in 2nd grade when we were biking and rollerblading. He loved it. We knew all along he would be gay before he even actually became gay. No one was surprised he grew up to be gay at all.

Some people are just like that. It's nothing they chose. And maybe Jason Collins was trying to be straight cause that's the social norm. Its easier. Thats how its "supposed" to go. Being gay is obviously harder except having to deal with women's BS.

Like religion. I was raised Catholic and would love to believe in God. I want that feeling. I just can't believe and justify it though. You can't always choose what you feel or believe.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Wrong. You are bisexual whether or not you have sex with other men. Why, because of discrimination.

Adding clarification: Poorly worded statement on my part. It wasn't directed at anybody but meant that one can live in the closet. There are a lot of gay people or bisexuals who never have sexual relations with their gender for fear of coming out. I should have worded my reply "one" rather than say "you."

Last edited:

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

He could of been living in denial and very deep in the closet. There are a lot of people who go on and get married and live a lie their whole life. I felt really bad for his fiancee that he didn't at least give her the courtesy of letting her know before the story broke, because it would have been the decent and right thing to do. But Jason Collins is not claiming to be a saint and it is not unheard of for any couple to break off the engagement after 8 years as well as have partners cheat on other. It is actually a good thing that they broke up rather than get married. He might not have been able to tell her the truth, but at least he didn't take marital vows with her.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wrong. You are bisexual whether or not you have sex with other men. Why, because of discrimination.

As far as the marriage issue goes, most Christians believe why take a tradition from the bible if you do not believe it? Almost all that I've conversed with have no problem with a civil union, but doesn't care for using the term marriage.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
As far as the marriage issue goes, most Christians believe why take a tradition from the bible if you do not believe it? Almost all that I've conversed with have no problem with a civil union, but doesn't care for using the term marriage.

I don't have a good answer for that. I simply don't, because if marriage is something that comes from the Bible, it would seem hypocritical for gays to want to embrace something for the Bible when they don't believe in it. I defer this answer to someone more qualified, but I believe the concept of marriage exists in all cultures and even those that were never exposed to the Bible.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a good answer for that. I simply don't, because if marriage is something that comes from the Bible, it would seem hypocritical for gays to want to embrace something for the Bible when they don't believe in it. I defer this answer to someone more qualified, but I believe the concept of marriage exists in all cultures and even those that were never exposed to the Bible.

It does, like islam, but you also have people that believe in their religion that has documented the beginning to the end of time. It also has warnings of things like this happening.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think that it just bothers most of us because we are sick to death of having the gay agenda shoved down our throats. I remember when brokeback mountain was being touted by hollywood winning all kinds of awards, but noone saw it. I find it very hypocritical of most people that hate christianity because they feel they are being pushed to believe something yet turn around and do the same.

Me personally, I honestly don't care what anyone does in their own home. Just don't tell me I have to accept homosexuality and have to tell my children its OK. Its not. Most animals won't even do it. And as fas as him being a hero, please... I love women, how does that make me a hero?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I thought brokeback mountain was an amazing movie. And not because it was a movie that openly addresses gays, but because it was a tragic but captivating story line of forbidden love. That being said,

We as straights are allowed to openly and publically discuss our romantic encounters, but because it is "the norm" it is acceptable. Straight celebrities discuss adultry scandals, sex tapes, engagements, divorces, etc, and its acceptable in our eyes because, again, the celebrities in question are straight. Someone on this thread even went as far to say that it was ok for a reporter who is a woman to see a man naked in a shower room because they are "hot", yet its not ok for a gay male to see another straight male in the shower room, because they are not. Just because someone is gay, doesn't instantly mean they are attracted to you. You don't find every woman you meet attractive, do you? What if that female reporter were obesely over weight, and hygienically incompetent. Would it be ok for them to see you naked then? You would be just as not interested in her romantically or sexually as you would a gay male. Just because a celebrity openly announces that they are gay does not mean they are shoving their sexuality down your throat. When a celebrity mentions that they are opening a foundation or participating in a charity to build churches in a third world country, do you consider it shoving their religion down your throat? Maybe he was making it public so that when he goes out with his boyfriend and is strolling down the street hand in hand, he isn't blasted all over the tabloids as a scandal. And even if he was doing it for the pr, I am sure that some where, some lost child is a fan of his, too afraid to come out to his parents, or his friends, or his team mates. And seeing his idol being strong enough to come out publically could give him the strength to one day do the same. It is people who tell them that what they are doing is immoral or disgusting that makes them stay hidden. And as long as they are hidden, they will never get to enjoy the pleasure of marriage to someone that makes waking up in the morning the greatest feeling in the world. And every one deserves that feeling. So kudos to him, for being a role model to children and athletes that are too afraid to show their true selves, and for being true to himself after what was probably a very long, tedious, doubt filled, and denial ridden road. Hero, maybe not. Courageous, definitely.

Oh, and I am sure his team mates knew long before he made it public. Athletes on a team share a bond that is difficult to understand from the outside. I doubt they would worry about whether or not he is sneaking glances at them in the shower, and care more that their team mate has finally lifted a weight from his shoulders and can now begin the road to happiness.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch