The PEEVES you PET

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pet Peeves of the AC

Allowing women to vote! I will never understand how that happened!

Woman with SMARTPHONES, kinda an oxymoron?

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!

Regardless what your intentions were with that post, that's still not an oxymoron; doesn't make sense.

The same humor as you advocating I cut my dogs ballz off!

Where did anyone in this thread reference you, your dog, or mandating the neutering of all dogs? You're reading is as impressive as your composition.

Cattail is a plant! You should take your own advice!

These can't be serious comments, can they?

On a slightly unrelated note, someone ought to explain to you proper English punctuation.

W00T.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Another City? then again home is home. Its the single most reason why I didn't want to take the chance to go to America for study. I know my brother over east misses it, but our land prices are ridiculously high. The average price ($550,000 AUD, 520,000 usd at todays value - we crashed our dollar on purpose to promote exports), would fetch you a dodgy suburb right away (27km) from the city while in other states which are more populated, it would get you a half decent house in a half decent suburb 5km from the city.

That pisses me off in Western Australia everything is ridiculously expensive. Yes our average wages are very high, but expenses are higher.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Someone broke the pet peeves thread. That's a pet peeve. Buggering up the fun threads with hatred and insanity. If you can't recognize the difference between silliness and insanity, go take your meds, turn off the cartoons and get some vitamin D. You don't need a keyboard, you need a psychiatrist; and fast.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

It's only broken if we allow it to be broken. Those posts should be deleted (at the very least) and we can continue on. If we always let one person break a thread, then we might as well pack up and go home.
If we can nip it in the bud before it gets worse, then we should do that.

?? I think signatures are jejune.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Another pet peeve. When all the power outlets in my sons room randomly stop working. And unlabeled breakers. How weird is that. It's not the whole upstairs, it's just the hall way, and his bedroom. But then I have to go into garage, move the washer and dryer, and flip the breakers until I find the right one :confused:

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Another pet peeve. When all the power outlets in my sons room randomly stop working. And unlabeled breakers. How weird is that. It's not the whole upstairs, it's just the hall way, and his bedroom. But then I have to go into garage, move the washer and dryer, and flip the breakers until I find the right one :confused:

While your going through them you could take that chance to label them. Then problem solved!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

And if it happens often, you should seriously get an electrician to check that circuit before it's too late.

?? I think signatures are jejune.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

People who bring their screaming, and I mean at the top of their lungs screaming child for a haircut at a packed salon. They should find someone to do it at home until he gets older. OMG!!!!

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
via Note II

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

People who bring their screaming, and I mean at the top of their lungs screaming child for a haircut at a packed salon. They should find someone to do it at home until he gets older. OMG!!!!

via Note II

Guilty as charged :p my son actually does better with haircuts now, and the salons are never really packed...and he doesn't start screaming until the clippers come on.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Allowing women to vote! I will never understand how that happened!
Then I'll explain. In the 1840s, women in the US began attending abolition meetings in order to get slavery outlawed in the US. While talking about the rights of this group of people, women realized that they didn't have any of their own so wanted women's suffrage included with abolishing slavery. The male abolitionists didn't agree so women began their own movement. Now, as new territories are being added, women in those territories are allowed to vote. This made women in the states even more determined so they began setting up state societies for woman suffrage and got men to introduce bills at state levels to allow women to vote. Some passed and some didn't. Then after the civil war, it was determined that suffrage for all women was best given by a federal amendment and it was introduced to Congress. The bill would always come up for a vote and not pass. Therefore women began marching and picketing in Washington. These women were the first to ever picket the White House for any reason. They were arrested, abused in jail, starved, beaten, raped, all for trying to get equal rights for all citizens. Finally in 1920, the bill passed and was sent to the states for ratification. The states that already had suffrage ratified it immediately. 36 states are needed and on August 19, it went to the TN legislation for a vote. The amendment failed 49-48 on the first two votes. On the third and final vote, Harry somebody changed his vote because his mother had told him that morning to "be a good boy and vote for suffrage". The new vote was 49-48 for suffrage and that was the final state needed. The bill went back to Congress for final approval and it became the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution. And *that* is how it happened. Hopefully you understand now.

P. S. If you need more info I can go into further detail, or if you want info on another country I'm happy to go explain that too. :eek:

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

via Note II

For that matter, people that do nothing about their children screaming and acting wild in any public place. When my kid used to do that I would take him outside to settle down and not subject everyone else to his antics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

For that matter, people that do nothing about their children screaming and acting wild in any public place. When my kid used to do that I would take him outside to settle down and not subject everyone else to his antics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

I take him to the bathroom lol.

Like my my always said "Do we need to take a trip the the bathroom?" Straightens em up in a heartbeat.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I take him to the bathroom lol.

Like my my always said "Do we need to take a trip the the bathroom?" Straightens em up in a heartbeat.

Jennifer, I have to say, the dad stayed cool and calm. I was ready to wait outside, it was close to unbearable. The child was around 4. Whenever mine would act out, all I would have to say is... wait until we get in the car... or if they did it while I was driving, I would pull over and tell them they were going to walk home if they didn't stop their stupid sh*t. They stopped. Quickly. Lol

via Note II

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

My new shoes make my feet feel lighter than when I'm not wearing them. That's weird and I am confused.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

A brewing Browne between you and the UPS guy? Lol. :eek:

via Note II

Not sure what that means, but I ordered two more things and one of them should be today or tomorrow. Also, the UPS guy is usually a girl, but I've never referred to her as the UPS girl.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Is it wrong to always call the main carrier the mailman, regardless of the gender of the individual delivering the mail? Is this a mankind type of thing, or a gender roles issue that needs awareness and rebranding?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000