Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree945Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: Pet Peeves of the AC

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Peeve -

Jackholes that toss their cigarettes out the window while I'm driving behind them on the interstate.

And let's have a big round of applause for the TERRIFIC LLLLAMAGROUPIES... Blaize19(Babycakes), verwon(Queen five letter word beginning with B as per her own request), msndrstood, Wiley_11(Should be Smiley, not Wiley), shadavis08(turtleluvva), zmann, NothingIsTrue(our resident genius), SpiralBorg, badbrad17, Fairclough, Ricky Babalu, neonworm, gollum18, Farish(albeit reluctantly), cheeta186, James4455 and Lendo (even though he totes a Blackberry, smh)
    Is worse when you're on a bike. I've seen cigarette butts fly into another car or on the bed of a pick up truck hauling lumber.

Inconsiderate people.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

People who spam under the pretense of participating in the thread.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly flashed Sprint Galaxy Nexus with XenonHD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #778  
    Banned

Peeve -

Not being able to unthank a post, even though unliking is possible.

And let's have a big round of applause for the TERRIFIC LLLLAMAGROUPIES... Blaize19(Babycakes), verwon(Queen five letter word beginning with B as per her own request), msndrstood, Wiley_11(Should be Smiley, not Wiley), shadavis08(turtleluvva), zmann, NothingIsTrue(our resident genius), SpiralBorg, badbrad17, Fairclough, Ricky Babalu, neonworm, gollum18, Farish(albeit reluctantly), cheeta186, James4455 and Lendo (even though he totes a Blackberry, smh)
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Littering is bad.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    Isn't that another wizards rule

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Pet peeve - lightning strikes! Had one hit behind the house Sunday night causing damage to a bunch of stuff. Thankfully, I think surge protection minimized the damage though. Not much else you can do though, Mother Nature is going to do its thing. Here is a break down of what was damaged/affected:

1. Wired firewall router (connects home network to Internet) - blew out ports and caused erratic behavior
    2. Wired network switch (connects various devices to home network) - blew out ports and caused erratic behavior
    3. NAS (network attached storage drive) - no longer powers up
    4. My main laptop - blew out the hardwired network adapter, now only works via wireless one (Hey! Good excuse to get a new laptop! )
    5. Blew out an outside garage light bulb and its attached sensor (automatically turns it on/off at dusk/dawn)
    6. Tripped a circuit breaker in main panel for an upstairs bedroom (thankfully didn't damage it or anything in the bedroom)

A couple years ago, had lightning hit a tree in the front yard and it blew out the stereo system in the living room. In the end, I can't really complain though. At least the house or anything major wasn't damaged and no one was hurt (house pets included). It's just a PITA dealing with fixing or replacing the damaged stuff.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Pet peeve - lightning strikes! Had one hit behind the house Sunday night causing damage to a bunch of stuff. Thankfully, I think surge protection minimized the damage though. Not much else you can do though, Mother Nature is going to do its thing. Here is a break down of what was damaged/affected:

1. Wired firewall router (connects home network to Internet) - blew out ports and caused erratic behavior
    2. Wired network switch (connects various devices to home network) - blew out ports and caused erratic behavior
    4. My main laptop - blew out the hardwired network adapter, now only works via wireless one (Hey! Good excuse to get a new laptop! )
    5. Blew out an outside garage light bulb and its attached sensor (automatically turns it on/off at dusk/dawn)
    6. Tripped a circuit breaker in main panel for an upstairs bedroom (thankfully didn't damage it or anything in the bedroom)

A couple years ago, had lightning hit a tree in the front yard and it blew out the stereo system in the living room. In the end, I can't really complain though. At least the house or anything major wasn't damaged and no one was hurt (house pets included). It's just a PITA dealing with fixing or replacing the damaged stuff.
    Synycalwon likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post

Wow. We had our car radio blow out while parked in the back yard during a lightening strike. I know of what you speak. Good luck and get lightening rods.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Synycalwon likes this.

I had a similar issue, I was out flying a kite with a key on it

My house was fine during lightening this week
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Peeve -

Not being able to unthank a post, even though unliking is possible.

You can do it on the desktop version.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

When my husband has the remote and switches to a movie that is either halfway over or nearly there and I have no idea what the plot is about or who the actors are. Really annoying.

So I just turn to my phone and ignore it.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Darth Spock and Fairclough like this.

Or when someone swaps the channel when your enjoying it.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    Tom Fairclough
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

When you here news of 300 refugees causing 60million dollars damage and then ask for their processes to be done faster. Considering there is a 90% approval rate I think its pretty disgraceful. 16 staff were injured. Personally if I smashed 200k of gov property each I would in front of a court.

Tom Fairclough
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    When my husband has the remote and switches to a movie that is either halfway over or nearly there and I have no idea what the plot is about or who the actors are. Really annoying.

So I just turn to my phone and ignore it.

Sent via Note II
    How about when your little sister and her friend come into the living room. Then stand in front of the tv when you're watching a movie you've never seen.

"Your a wall, not a window! Move out of the way" -- Christen Ford

Sent from my paranoid s3...
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    msndrstood likes this.

When you scrap your girlfriends original birthday present and replace it with her phone repair. Well I guess a working nexus 4 for her birthday isnt too bad.

Tom Fairclough
    msndrstood likes this.

People who can't take just a little effort to recycle things. Example: many at work just throw their plastic bottles in the trash instead of walking to the nearby break room and putting them in the recycling bin. C'Mon man! Are you really that lazy?

Another example are neighbors who have big recycling containers (like the trash one), yet never use it. Instead they throw everything in the garbage to the point it's overflowing.
    msndrstood and Fairclough like this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

People who take videos in portrait mode.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Fairclough likes this.

When the you pay extra for tracking and it never updates its location -_- Aus Post Packages suck with this. It shows sent.... Then by the time you get an update a week later its been already received.

Posted via Android Central App
    Tom Fairclough
    msndrstood likes this.

Ads on TV shows online.

Posted via magic forest creatures which power this Nexus 4 and the Android Central App.
    Tom Fairclough
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #794  
    Banned

Ads

Fairclough likes this.

I laugh at some ads

Posted via magic forest creatures which power this Nexus 4 and the Android Central App.
    Tom Fairclough

Small screen scratches and deero kids hanging at a shopping centre on a school night

Posted via Android Central App on a magical nexus 4 which is powered by secret forest creatures.
    Tom Fairclough
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #797  
    Banned

What the beep beep is a deero?

Bogan. Short for derolic. Someone who dresses dodgy and acts dodgy.

Posted via Android Central App on a magical nexus 4 which is powered by secret forest creatures.
    Tom Fairclough

People that lol too much in forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post