Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
Like Tree55Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default List of typical fanboy comments

    I've always been puzzled at why stark raving glassy eyed rabid fanboys actually think that people believe the outrageous statements they make in forum posts. So I thought it might be fun to make a running list of some of the silliest ones. ie:

    1. My phone never lags ever (usually in response to a known and widely reported lag problems on some devices)
    2. Phone A is better than Phone B "hands down" or "no contest" (usually when comparing what everyone else feels are two roughly equal phones)

    Just a couple to start off, I'll add to it as time goes on, feel free to add your own. Just no direct quotes please, we don't want to get shut down for calling out specific members.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,534 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I've always been puzzled at why stark raving glassy eyed rabid fanboys actually think that people believe the outrageous statements they make in forum posts. So I thought it might be fun to make a running list of some of the silliest ones. ie:

    1. My phone never lags ever (usually in response to a known and widely reported lag problems on some devices)
    2. Phone A is better than Phone B "hands down" or "no contest" (usually when comparing what everyone else feels are two roughly equal phones)

    Just a couple to start off, I'll add to it as time goes on, feel free to add your own. Just no direct quotes please, we don't want to get shut down for calling out specific members.
    I know what you mean. I watch a YouTube channel called Raze the W0rld. There they make a good point: If you can replace Phone X with the word cake, you have no argument.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I've always been puzzled at why stark raving glassy eyed rabid fanboys actually think that people believe the outrageous statements they make in forum posts. So I thought it might be fun to make a running list of some of the silliest ones. ie:

    1. My phone never lags ever (usually in response to a known and widely reported lag problems on some devices)
    2. Phone A is better than Phone B "hands down" or "no contest" (usually when comparing what everyone else feels are two roughly equal phones)

    Just a couple to start off, I'll add to it as time goes on, feel free to add your own. Just no direct quotes please, we don't want to get shut down for calling out specific members.
    You shoulda seen the Palm Pre Forums back in '09,'10, and '11.
    It would've made your head spin.

    lol

    Last edited by llamabreath; 05-26-2013 at 12:51 PM.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    This one is my favorite :
    My battery lasts me all day with heavy use!

    Gee, funny when I barely use mine and by 9am it's plugged in the cigarette lighter

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    You shoulda seen the Palm Pre Forums back in '09, lol. It would've made your head spin.

    Hehehe, I miss the days of those polls made to try to prove a point that there was nothing wrong with the hardware. (the only phone I've personally owned that I had to make use of the warranty for a broken power button and I went through 4 of those phones in a 10 month period)
    fjitb likes this.
  6. #6  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    You shoulda seen the Palm Pre Forums back in '09,'10, and '11.
    It would've made your head spin.

    lol

    I'm sure it's similar to how imore is now!
  7. #7  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,684 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I've always been puzzled at why stark raving glassy eyed rabid fanboys actually think that people believe the outrageous statements they make in forum posts. So I thought it might be fun to make a running list of some of the silliest ones. ie:

    1. My phone never lags ever (usually in response to a known and widely reported lag problems on some devices)
    2. Phone A is better than Phone B "hands down" or "no contest" (usually when comparing what everyone else feels are two roughly equal phones)

    Just a couple to start off, I'll add to it as time goes on, feel free to add your own. Just no direct quotes please, we don't want to get shut down for calling out specific members.
    Wow, there are like 5 people that repeatedly state both of these about the S4...

    Another is:

    "Design Flaw". Used to describe anything that is not ideal for their personal use case.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  8. #8  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Another is:

    "Design Flaw". Used to describe anything that is not ideal for their personal use case.
    Does it count if that design flaw is a result of a change from a perfectly working design that didn't have problems before?

    *cough*micro-USB for charging*cough* :banghead:
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  9. #9  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,684 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Does it count if that design flaw is a result of a change from a perfectly working design that didn't have problems before?

    *cough*micro-USB for charging*cough* :banghead:
    I think there is a different term for that? Maybe? Design flaw seems to be, "we put it together, and this part was left over" or "Hmm, why is there this weird gap here?" Or, "yeah, best phone ever, but it electrocutes the user if they're asleep more than 5 minutes". Like, they did what they wanted, and there are unintended, "oh duh" moments. Not sure, I may be biased.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  10. #10  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    My favorite is when they say after getting the current phone they have, they could never go back to anything else smaller or from another platform.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    phonejunky and Darth Spock like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    I have also noticed that everyone's "sweet spot" changes based on the device they currently have.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock and Chetan Takyar like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    My favourites from this forum is "iCrap" "you are a crapple sheep" and my absolute favourite "go suck Steve jobs **** or something I sheep"

    I've been called all that on these forums
    phonejunky likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    My favourites from this forum is "iCrap" "you are a crapple sheep" and my absolute favourite "go suck Steve jobs **** or something I sheep"

    I've been called all that on these forums
    Or when your device is called a toy when it does mainly the same thing as that person's "serious" device.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    phonejunky and Chetan Takyar like this.
  14. #14  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,684 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    "All I did was post a link..."
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 06-08-2013 at 05:23 AM.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  15. #15  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    Or when your device is called a toy when it does mainly the same thing as that person's "serious" device.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Pretty much.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Darth Spock likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Anyone posting an issue gets called a Troll.
    Device: Verizon Note2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Get phone: Yay, best thing ever!

    Get update: So much better now! The original update was crap.

    Get new phone again: This phone is da bomb. Glad to finally be rid of that last piece of junk phone. (You know, the phone that was so awesome before getting the new one.)

    Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and Chetan Takyar like this.
  18. #18  
    GMJeff's Avatar

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Why does the no lag statement have to be a "fanboy" comment.

    You have to keep in mind that when a new device is released, some (majority/minority) will have some issues. Not all.

    I have owned phones with horrible lag where it takes a minute or so to change home screens (looking at you HTC Inspire), but were corrected with software updates. Devices like the HTC One and S4 are no different. Samsung was supposedly making the S4 on two or more assembly lines, which could allow for more variance between devices from each. More lag on one than the other, possible, due to hardware.

    Is it the OS, possibly, due to the amount of tweaks and skinning from OEMs on the devices. Does not mean the hardware is crap, but rather the software side is not up to par. Google does not update the nexus devices constantly because it tickles their fancy, usually to fix bugs.

    I own a S4, a Nokia 920 Windows Phone, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Dell 10" Windows Pro tablet. Do I see some lag on some of the devices, sure, but not to the extent that some people on these forums seem to make it out to be. Sometimes it takes the keyboard a second or two to catch up, but yhe home screens change instantaneously, apps load fast and web pages load in a proper amount of time.

    Of course, some of this is in direct relation to the amount of signal I have.

    So as to call some of us that don't have some of the issues stated by some over the top complainers, I guess I could be considered a "fanboy" in your eyes, but uou know what.....I don't really care how you percieve me as at the end of the day I am me and you are you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Darth Spock likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by GMJeff View Post
    Why does the no lag statement have to be a "fanboy" comment.

    You have to keep in mind that when a new device is released, some (majority/minority) will have some issues. Not all.

    I have owned phones with horrible lag where it takes a minute or so to change home screens (looking at you HTC Inspire), but were corrected with software updates. Devices like the HTC One and S4 are no different. Samsung was supposedly making the S4 on two or more assembly lines, which could allow for more variance between devices from each. More lag on one than the other, possible, due to hardware.

    Is it the OS, possibly, due to the amount of tweaks and skinning from OEMs on the devices. Does not mean the hardware is crap, but rather the software side is not up to par. Google does not update the nexus devices constantly because it tickles their fancy, usually to fix bugs.

    I own a S4, a Nokia 920 Windows Phone, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Dell 10" Windows Pro tablet. Do I see some lag on some of the devices, sure, but not to the extent that some people on these forums seem to make it out to be. Sometimes it takes the keyboard a second or two to catch up, but yhe home screens change instantaneously, apps load fast and web pages load in a proper amount of time.

    Of course, some of this is in direct relation to the amount of signal I have.

    So as to call some of us that don't have some of the issues stated by some over the top complainers, I guess I could be considered a "fanboy" in your eyes, but uou know what.....I don't really care how you percieve me as at the end of the day I am me and you are you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Because a fanboy and troll are very much the same.
    Often the same person.
    Someone Who expects others to accept their opinion or experience. If not, the other person is either a troll or a fanboy.
    To quote Comedian George Carlin:
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving
    slower than you is an !diot, and anyone
    going faster than you is a maniac?"
    -George Carlin

    So if I don't have a lag, and you say you do, you're a troll.
    Or, if I have a lag, and you say you don't, you're a fanboy.
    Device: Verizon Note2
  20. #20  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Hehehe, I miss the days of those polls made to try to prove a point that there was nothing wrong with the hardware. (the only phone I've personally owned that I had to make use of the warranty for a broken power button and I went through 4 of those phones in a 10 month period)
    I used my og pre for a year with no problems! When I got the og evo, I gave the pre to my nephew, he tore it up in a month! Some people just know how to take care of their things! Imho

    SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I used my og pre for a year with no problems! When I got the og evo, I gave the pre to my nephew, he tore it up in a month! Some people just know how to take care of their things! Imho

    SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!
    Exactly what this is all about.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  22. #22  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    My favorite is apple's fan boys who say it fits in your hand lol, come on. We don't live in Asia.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  23. #23  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    "You have small hands" and "You must wear women jeans", usually when someone says a phone is too big for them.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    chrscaley likes this.
  24. #24  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,684 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    Quote Originally Posted by JRLasVegas View Post
    My favorite is apple's fan boys who say it fits in your hand lol, come on. We don't live in Asia.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Well it does! If you close it more than you would for any other phone that also does.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  25. #25  

    Default Re: List of typical fanboy comments

    How about my phone works perfectly yours must be defective.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and Chetan Takyar like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. list of android phones with front facing cameras?
    By whitenack in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 10:02 AM
  2. Looking for a list of AT&T android phones
    By rick9814911 in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:51 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:28 PM
  4. List of Droid roms, themes and themed roms
    By Brett in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
  5. Marketplace apps not showing in applications list of my G1
    By louisthx in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions

B