Blueant Z9 Voice Isolation... care to test

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I recently purchased two Blueant Z9 headsets and have been testing them in various scenarios.

This being my first noise cancellation/voice isolation headset, I wasn't sure what to expect, but here's what I've found:

1) While at a stoplight, I had TWO motorcycles pull up beside me and started revving their engines like crazy. My window was rolled down and I was on the phone with my wife. She said that she could barely hear the motorcycles and my ears were ringing because of them, so the noise cancellation seemed to work quite well.

2) While doing some of my own tests, I pulled up various mp3 files to simulate noisy environments (i.e loud restaurant, city street, etc). I recorded my voice while playing these files with my old headset (HBH-PV705) and the Blueant Z9 and I was shocked to hear that the HBH-PV705 (which does NOT have noise cancellation) sounded a lot better. The real shock was hearing that the Blueant cancelled NO NOISE... everything playing in the background was loud and clear.

So my question is whether these types of head sets get fooled by "fake" background noise (i.e. coming from a computer or TV) and only work in real situations or if my headset could be defective. I've got the latest firmware installed on it.

Does anyone have a Blueant Z9 and can test this theory?

Thanks in advance.