(New) Guinness Texting Record using a Galaxy S

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Gr8: Briton smashes world texting record

Woman claims fastest texter in the world title | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

The UK Press Association reported over the weekend that Thompson was shopping with her boyfriend when she came upon a Samsung roadshow. Perhaps it came upon her because, before she knew it, she was encouraged to try to break the world record for speedy texting.

In order to win this title, her task was to text "the razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human" in a time that beat the previous record of 35.54 seconds, held by an American named Franklin Page.

Clutching a Samsung Galaxy S, with its rather splendid Swype keyboard that allows you to just keep on stroking the screen while you write, Thompson didn't merely shave a second or two away from Page's mark.

She bit a rather large chunk from it, reaching her goal in a mere 25.94 seconds.

The people at Guinness World Records still need to ratify her finger-tickling performance. But Thompson herself seems rather startled by her own dexterity. She told the UKPA that she was a little out of practice. "My fingers were out of shape," she said.

It seems, though, that she managed to type at the rate of around one word per second,

SWYPE_VIRTUAL_KEYBO_131478e.jpg

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
*Shrug* I can do that sentence (The razor-toothed piranhas of the ___ and ____ are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack humans." in around 33 seconds with Swype. I'm sure if I practice enough I could do it in less than 26.

EDIT: I tried it 3 more times. The best time I got was 27 seconds....

Last edited: