Recent near death exp.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
During the last 6 weeks or so I haven't been very active here on A/C. The reason was medical as I had to have several surgeries. During phase 1 my heart stopped beating twice and they had to use the paddles to restart it.

At some point I also developed septis in my lung, which required an exploatory surgery to locate the source and take care of it. I am still in the process of learning exactly what happened, and figuring out how much I want to know.

After spending 3 weeks in ICU at the OSU medical center I am in a long term care facility for therapy and recovery.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Take it easy. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and wish you a speedy recovery. ...and I am glad you're in recovery after such a scary bout.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I wondered where you've been. :) I'm glad you're back and on the mend towards a full recovery. I'm sure it was scary for you and your family. Medical stuff is never pleasant, but it sounds like you were in good hands.

Take care, Brad, and get well soon. ;)

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
During the last 6 weeks or so I haven't been very active here on A/C. The reason was medical as I had to have several surgeries. During phase 1 my heart stopped beating twice and they had to use the paddles to restart it.

At some point I also developed septis in my lung, which required an exploatory surgery to locate the source and take care of it. I am still in the process of learning exactly what happened, and figuring out how much I want to know.

After spending 3 weeks in ICU at the OSU medical center I am in a long term care facility for therapy and recovery.

This is NO EXCUSE to be absent from the forum!!

:D

?? Signatures, shmignatures...

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Good luck! You gotta be able to eat that turkey dinner in a few weeks! Glad you're making progress. ;)

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Feeding tube was discontinued a day or so after the tests and have been on a normal diet since then. In therapy I am practicing walking up and down stairs. I have 27 staples down my back/side from surgery and they should be removed today.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice progress. It sounds like you'll be going home in the near future! Keep us updated. :)

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Feeding tube was discontinued a day or so after the tests and have been on a normal diet since then. In therapy I am practicing walking up and down stairs. I have 27 staples down my back/side from surgery and they should be removed today.

Sounds like very good news.

Keep up the good work. Probably could've ended up so much worse. You probably appreciate things now that you never knew should be appreciated.

?? Signatures, shmignatures...

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
At least it's progress. I know it's show, but it sounds like you went through a lot, your body needs the time to heal. Give it time, I know it's hard and frustrating but you're getting there. I hope you're family is doing okay, I know it's hard on them. I feel for you. Keep fighting. :thumbup:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The Dr. just stopped in and we were talking after his exam. He said if everything stays on track I can go home next week. I will have to have a nurse at home from 9-9 Seven days a week, and will have to come back here daily for therapy.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Great news! :) Slow but steady progress is easier on your body. I'm glad you're moving forward!
:thumbup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87