New to Android but not to Tech

HumanMachine

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks, HumanMachine here, hailing from San Diego California. As my subject pretty much outlines. I'm pretty new to the android platform. I'm an iphone convert. I owned my 3g till the end of my contracted time whereupon opening day for the Droid X, I jumped ship and purchased service and a phone from Verizon Wireless.

Not new to tech here, I can in fact program a VCR and vice versa I rocked a heavily Jailbroken iphone when I had access to it. Having left that behind for what I feel to be a superior handset, I now embark on the task of integrating myself within the community. I'm no fancy coder, I won't root your phone, but I tend to educate myself enough to try, and know who to talk to.

It's good to be part of a growing community of folks with similar mindsets about tech and operating systems. I suppose to close this out, I can say I'm sorry I joined so late in the game. It's good to be here.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Not new to tech here, I can in fact program a VCR.

Lmao
Welcome aboard, you'll like it here. I had the same mindset when I came from bb and its been VERY smooth sailing. Don't let the root/flash process scare you. Just read carefully and follow directions and you'll pick up a lot.
Enjoy!

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am actually returning it but shocked at how ugly Android OS looks and the stock software isn't good either. The email client, calendar and notifications are all lacking. I am really disappointed.

Last edited:

HumanMachine

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am actually returning it but shocked at how ugly Android OS looks and the stock software isn't good either. The email client, calendar and notifications are all lacking. I am really disappointed.

Sounds like a personal problem. I myself purchased an iphone due to the hype, and regret the two years I spent with it seeing how much more the Droid platform has suited me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox