More weird science

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This may have been brought up before but I haven't seen it. There was a program on the Science Channel about mind reading technology. There are a lot of scientists working on it and it seems like a certainty in the not so distant future.

To me this whole thing is a nightmare.

Mind-Reading Technology Speeds Ahead: Scientific American

There are a bunch more articles when you do a Google search.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
This may have been brought up before but I haven't seen it. There was a program on the Science Channel about mind reading technology. There are a lot of scientists working on it and it seems like a certainty in the not so distant future.

To me this whole thing is a nightmare.

Mind-Reading Technology Speeds Ahead: Scientific American

There are a bunch more articles when you do a Google search.

That's nothing.
My wife has been reading my mind since a week after i met her. :banghead:

(⊙_⊙)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That's nothing.
My wife has been reading my mind since a week after i met her. :banghead:

(⊙_⊙)

Lol, but seriously on the program I saw they were talking about removing all barriers and everyone uploading their thoughts in a huge cloud that would be like a super super computer.

I mean it's fascinating but while they did bring up the problem of no privacy they didn't adequately address how anyone would keep it. It's definitely tin foil hat stuff.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Lol, but seriously on the program I saw they were talking about removing all barriers and everyone uploading their thoughts in a huge cloud that would be like a super super computer.

I mean it's fascinating but while they did bring up the problem of no privacy they didn't adequately address how anyone would keep it. It's definitely tin foil hat stuff.

That's the only privacy we have left, the thoughts (and voices :)) in our head. Dammit! :mad:

(⊙_⊙)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's on again now. The Science Channel. It's going to be repeated at Midnight EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2