"Enter Network Lock Control Key"??? Can't do anything!

freeman10

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, all of a sudden yesterday, after shutting my Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-1927R) phone off and turning it back on, I get a "Enter Network Lock Control Key" screen. I am unable to call, send messages, etc. Nothing! Does anyone know what happened and what I can do? I bought this phone as an "unlocked" Rogers/ATT phone - to be used with any GSM carrier. I have successfully been using it with a Consumer Cellular SIM since I bought it in September. This is the first time I have seen this message. Is it "locked"? If so, what caused it to lock, and what can I do? SIM card icon also appearing at the very top of screen now. Thanks in advance for your advice!! I need to be receiving calls and voice mails NOW! Called Consumer Cellular and they were not particularly helpful (to be fair, it is not one of the phones that they sell). Suggested that I try two putting in two different "codes" in the "Enter Network Lock Control Key" screen, and neither worked - Now my number of tries to enter the "correct" code is dwindling. (I think I have 8 tries). I DON'T want this phone to freeze up for good! Also, my battery was just about dead when this happened- not sure if that is relevant or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC