What do you do for a living?

R

Roy Aguilera

Just curious. I remember on an old forum there was this one guy who knew it all. I could have sworn he was some IT expert or something. Turned out he was 19 and still in HS. He was giving IT guys advice.

I am a Medical Director for the largest hospital chain in California. Did my 4 years of criminology at NYU only to find out that based on my family history :(., I would not be a good candidate for the job I studied for. Really sucked but atleast I got my education in (full paid Scholarship). Have been doing this for the last 6 years. Moral of the story...Stay in school.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm an air taffic controller in the Marine Corps. Get out in a year and then make the big bucks! I work in the radar room and while I may not consider myself an expert, I know a lot about it for my age and experience. We're an approcah facility, so I see it all. Been at this facility for 2.5 years and I plan on being fully rated before I reach my 3 year mark. And while I have some college experience, I have no degree. Gotta love the military for giving me the oppurtunity. =)

R

Roy Aguilera

I'm an air taffic controller in the Marine Corps. Get out in a year and then make the big bucks! I work in the radar room and while I may not consider myself an expert, I know a lot about it for my age and experience. We're an approcah facility, so I see it all. Been at this facility for 2.5 years and I plan on being fully rated before I reach my 3 year mark. And while I have some college experience, I have no degree. Gotta love the military for giving me the oppurtunity. =)

Awesome. It is a nice oportunity. Hope you make the big bucks.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm a Sales Engineer for a software company in Seattle, WA. I cover 11 states in the US, and 4 provinces up in Canada. We develop VPN software for companies that have highly mobile workforces. We make applications like Epic (sound familiar DA6?) perform better over wireless networks. I'm a technical point of contact as companies evaluate and decide if our product is a good fit based on their business requirements.

R

Roy Aguilera

I'm a Sales Engineer for a software company in Seattle, WA. I cover 11 states in the US, and 4 provinces up in Canada. We develop VPN software for companies that have highly mobile workforces. We make applications like Epic (sound familiar DA6?) perform better over wireless networks. I'm a technical point of contact as companies evaluate and decide if our product is a good fit based on their business requirements.

Nice. So you get to travel.
I knew you had money when I saw the backpack.:p

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Nice. So you get to travel.
I knew you had money when I saw the backpack.:p

Traveling for fun is one thing. Traveling for work is another. It get's exhausting after a while, but on the bright side I never have to go to an actual office! :D

This is a cool thread, with lots of interesting professions.

Good idea, Roy.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Currently the Consultant for the company that layed me off. There I was the Operations, Services and Support Manager. (basicly jack of all trades for operation and computers.)

R

Roy Aguilera

Currently the Consultant for the company that layed me off. There I was the Operations, Services and Support Manager. (basicly jack of all trades for operation and computers.)

Means they value you but are short on funds right?

R

Roy Aguilera

Traveling for fun is one thing. Traveling for work is another. It get's exhausting after a while, but on the bright side I never have to go to an actual office! :D

This is a cool thread, with lots of interesting professions.

Good idea, Roy

I have my moments.;)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Retired Director of East Coast Service for an automation manufacturing company. Now I run my own "Technology Consulting" business. Dabble in most things electrical or electronic, with an emphasis on the Automotive industry. Currently losing money on everything except data/crm hosting and managment for several large automotive dealer groups lol. But I'm havin fun baby! :)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Very nice. You're well on your way in an exciting (but I understand VERY stressful) carrer. Another person I wish my son knew lol.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Very nice. You're well on your way in an exciting (but I understand VERY stressful) carrer. Another person I wish my son knew lol.

Ya know, its not as stressful as you think. Its only stressful during the training period because there's a lot riding on how you perform. But once you get qualified and have some experience under your belt, its cool. Only thing is, there's absolutely no room for error. Kind of like a surgeon. You have to be very precise. But I love it!

R

Roy Aguilera

Retired Director of East Coast Service for an automation manufacturing company. Now I run my own "Technology Consulting" business. Dabble in most things electrical or electronic, with an emphasis on the Automotive industry. Currently losing money on everything except data/crm hosting and managment for several large automotive dealer groups lol. But I'm havin fun baby! :)

You are one smart dude in my book.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ya know, its not as stressful as you think. Its only stressful during the training period because there's a lot riding on how you perform. But once you get qualified and have some experience under your belt, its cool. Only thing is, there's absolutely no room for error. Kind of like a surgeon. You have to be very precise. But I love it!

Well it sure sounds like you have a handle on it. Nice to know someone level headed is at the helm and keeping planes away from each other!

You are one smart dude in my book.

Naw, I just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance