Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Roy Aguilera

Default What do you do for a living?

Just curious. I remember on an old forum there was this one guy who knew it all. I could have sworn he was some IT expert or something. Turned out he was 19 and still in HS. He was giving IT guys advice.

I am a Medical Director for the largest hospital chain in California. Did my 4 years of criminology at NYU only to find out that based on my family history ., I would not be a good candidate for the job I studied for. Really sucked but atleast I got my education in (full paid Scholarship). Have been doing this for the last 6 years. Moral of the story...Stay in school.

I'm an air taffic controller in the Marine Corps. Get out in a year and then make the big bucks! I work in the radar room and while I may not consider myself an expert, I know a lot about it for my age and experience. We're an approcah facility, so I see it all. Been at this facility for 2.5 years and I plan on being fully rated before I reach my 3 year mark. And while I have some college experience, I have no degree. Gotta love the military for giving me the oppurtunity. =)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    I'm an air taffic controller in the Marine Corps. Get out in a year and then make the big bucks! I work in the radar room and while I may not consider myself an expert, I know a lot about it for my age and experience. We're an approcah facility, so I see it all. Been at this facility for 2.5 years and I plan on being fully rated before I reach my 3 year mark. And while I have some college experience, I have no degree. Gotta love the military for giving me the oppurtunity. =)
    Awesome. It is a nice oportunity. Hope you make the big bucks.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I'm a Sales Engineer for a software company in Seattle, WA. I cover 11 states in the US, and 4 provinces up in Canada. We develop VPN software for companies that have highly mobile workforces. We make applications like Epic (sound familiar DA6?) perform better over wireless networks. I'm a technical point of contact as companies evaluate and decide if our product is a good fit based on their business requirements.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
    I'm a Sales Engineer for a software company in Seattle, WA. I cover 11 states in the US, and 4 provinces up in Canada. We develop VPN software for companies that have highly mobile workforces. We make applications like Epic (sound familiar DA6?) perform better over wireless networks. I'm a technical point of contact as companies evaluate and decide if our product is a good fit based on their business requirements.
    Nice. So you get to travel.
    I knew you had money when I saw the backpack.

Paramedic, going back to get my RN. Getting a little too old to be bouncing around the streets in a meet wagon!

Forensic psychologist. Run a state program for sexually violent predators in a secure facility.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DA6 View Post
    Nice. So you get to travel.
    I knew you had money when I saw the backpack.
    Traveling for fun is one thing. Traveling for work is another. It get's exhausting after a while, but on the bright side I never have to go to an actual office!

This is a cool thread, with lots of interesting professions.

Good idea, Roy.

Currently the Consultant for the company that layed me off. There I was the Operations, Services and Support Manager. (basicly jack of all trades for operation and computers.)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by bkuester View Post
    Currently the Consultant for the company that layed me off. There I was the Operations, Services and Support Manager. (basicly jack of all trades for operation and computers.)
    Means they value you but are short on funds right?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
    Traveling for fun is one thing. Traveling for work is another. It get's exhausting after a while, but on the bright side I never have to go to an actual office!

This is a cool thread, with lots of interesting professions.

Good idea, Roy
    I have my moments.

Actually costs them more. Gave myself a raise.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I work at McDonalds while going to school. :/
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by Ginbill View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. I hear some managers make bank, no joke.

Retired Director of East Coast Service for an automation manufacturing company. Now I run my own "Technology Consulting" business. Dabble in most things electrical or electronic, with an emphasis on the Automotive industry. Currently losing money on everything except data/crm hosting and managment for several large automotive dealer groups lol. But I'm havin fun baby!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by Ginbill View Post
    Mikkey D's and renting jet ski's put my goofy *** through school. Not a damn thing wrong with that. My lazy son could learn a thing or two from ya!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Very nice. You're well on your way in an exciting (but I understand VERY stressful) carrer. Another person I wish my son knew lol.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    Very nice. You're well on your way in an exciting (but I understand VERY stressful) carrer. Another person I wish my son knew lol.
    Ya know, its not as stressful as you think. Its only stressful during the training period because there's a lot riding on how you perform. But once you get qualified and have some experience under your belt, its cool. Only thing is, there's absolutely no room for error. Kind of like a surgeon. You have to be very precise. But I love it!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    Retired Director of East Coast Service for an automation manufacturing company. Now I run my own "Technology Consulting" business. Dabble in most things electrical or electronic, with an emphasis on the Automotive industry. Currently losing money on everything except data/crm hosting and managment for several large automotive dealer groups lol. But I'm havin fun baby!
    You are one smart dude in my book.

Ya know, its not as stressful as you think. Its only stressful during the training period because there's a lot riding on how you perform. But once you get qualified and have some experience under your belt, its cool. Only thing is, there's absolutely no room for error. Kind of like a surgeon. You have to be very precise. But I love it!
    Well it sure sounds like you have a handle on it. Nice to know someone level headed is at the helm and keeping planes away from each other!

You are one smart dude in my book.

Naw, I just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

I work at a freakin' chicken plant boxing chicken Untill I get my degree and become a Computer Analyst!
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Roy Aguilera

Thank you for the work you do. I eat a ton of chicken. That degree will come in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungChrisG View Post
    I work at a freakin' chicken plant boxing chicken Untill I get my degree and become a Computer Analyst!
    Well, you won't be sorry that you're paying your dues. And someday, you'll be making more $$ than the rest of us.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

Quote Originally Posted by baycruisers View Post
    Well, you won't be sorry that you're paying your dues. And someday, you'll be making more $$ than the rest of us.
    Yeah, it's hard as a felon though so we'll see how it pans out but I do love money

Thank you for the work you do. I eat a ton of chicken. That degree will come in no time.
    Lol I eat a ton too......and it helps that I can get 80lbs of chicken for under $30
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu

Data entry and computer operations for Verizon landline. Very boring at times. That's why I keep my eris with me.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast