The off off topic... what peeves you thread!

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
hey,

I looked around the site. I could not find a section that was completely off topic - for any topic to rant about.

Remember when you used to purchase an item at a retail store, and the cashier would tell you the price at the register... now they are silent and assume you know the price. Yes, we all know the tiny lcd screen displays the grand total, but still... would it kill the employee to say your total is $4.99?????

I intentionally ask them how much i owe, if they do not bring it to my attention.

that was a minor peeve.... lets start it off on a mellow note and see where it goes... assuming the moderators are cool with it.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a post for the pet peeves thread :)

I know its hard to find as it have a a similar title to pets of ac

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
E-books, I read a lot, love the E-Book concept. . However two things bug me about them.
1. Way too expensive. You really don't get to own the book,
The publishers have zero variable costs. They charge more for the ebook than for the same book in paperback.
2. As I mentioned, you don't own an electronic copy of the book. You can't give it away, sell it, and in most cases you can't loan it to a friend. Then when you die (at 103) the thousands of dollars you spent on 'buying' a library of books Disappears..... . Why do so many people buy these books?
Are we all sheep? (don't answer that).

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I have pet peeves a plenty...

For instance, I hate it when I can hear my bloody neighbors arguing, kids running up and down the damn hallways (i live in an apartment complex), damn managers that do nothing, all of this is building up to me thinking about moving when my lease is up in August.

Poor writing in shows/anime/movies/books makes me mad. I've abandoned books due to pisspoor writing.

Crapple taking away key and staple features (headphone jack/fingerprint sensor) off their phones and devices. It's just dumb, all in the name of corporate greed and money. Now you need a dongle thing to use 3.5 mm headphones. It's dumb. Also they overprice everything from their phones to computers. Never using a Crapple product again lmao

Loud people, crowds, and small spaces also bother me.