Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By petaf
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By llamabreath
  • 1 Post By SteveISU
  • 1 Post By xceeder
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting a new "puppy".

Once again it's time for us to get another puppy for the house. We have had 4 dogs since the last time it was my turn to choose the breed, etc. So I have started looking online at various breeds and breeders. So far my choice is a male Russian Caucasian Mountain Dog. The price is a little more than what we usually pay for our dogs but I really want one of these, either in gray or white.

Here's a few pics for anyone unfamiliar with the breed, also any suggestions to help me convince the wife would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting a new "puppy".-4681806_orig.jpg   Getting a new "puppy".-caucasian-mountain-dog-photos.jpg   Getting a new "puppy".-white-caucasian-ovcharka.jpg   Getting a new "puppy".-south-russian-ovcharka-alex-snow-rose.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: Getting a new "puppy".

That's gonna take a lot of convincing.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

^ This ^
    That thing is huge

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    That's gonna take a lot of convincing.

Yea, because that's a lot of dog....

I've already started one spring/summer project. I am building a motorcycle from the frame up. I have ordered a Softail frame, 117 cubic inch engine, six speed transmission, rims, tires, gas tanks, and a few other parts. So far I've spent a bit more on some parts than I wanted to but the quality should make up for it, a buddy that runs a shop and builds custom bikes is letting me do the work at his shop, he's trying to talk me into building a chopper, but I doubt if I do. I want something I can jump on and ride 500 miles if I feel like it.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

That's cool. Good therapy.

My husband is collecting vintage Triumph parts this winter, he's going to a swap meet on Sunday. He's selling his Harley in the spring, he wants to build a Cafe Racer style bike. He's looked at the new Triumphs and he's torn, he likes the building process but likes the dependability of a new bike too. He's not really looking for a long haul bike anymore, more a vintage short hopper.

I hope you start a thread and post pictures of the bike in the process, that would be cool. :thumbup:

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I want something I can jump on and ride 500 miles if I feel like it.
    With a dog that size you might be able to

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    With a dog that size you might be able to

I was talking about the bike...

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I was talking about the bike...
    I know lol
    I was joking

Live2ride883 likes this.

Wow. That is a huge dog.

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Wow. That is a huge dog.

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3
    A "puppy"

Live2ride883 and neonworm like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Aw what a cute bear!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

That's cool. Good therapy.

My husband is collecting vintage Triumph parts this winter, he's going to a swap meet on Sunday. He's selling his Harley in the spring, he wants to build a Cafe Racer style bike. He's looked at the new Triumphs and he's torn, he likes the building process but likes the dependability of a new bike too. He's not really looking for a long haul bike anymore, more a vintage short hopper.

I hope you start a thread and post pictures of the bike in the process, that would be cool. :thumbup:

The bike build is going to have to be put on hold for awhile, I had a Dr. appointment today and I've developed an incisional hernia from where they took my Spleen out. It measures 8x7.5 inches, and will require surgery to repair. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

And exactly what do you feed a dog that big?

Aaaaaaanything it wants!!

(That's gonna take a lot of food!)
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Put a saddle on it.
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

The bike build is going to have to be put on hold for awhile, I had a Dr. appointment today and I've developed an incisional hernia from where they took my Spleen out. It measures 8x7.5 inches, and will require surgery to repair. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Sometimes it seems like it never ends. The good thing is that it is a fairly straightforward surgery. You'll be healed in time for riding season.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

The good thing is that it is a fairly straightforward surgery. You'll be healed in time for riding season.

Yup, that's awesome
    Giddy up, Fido

Live2ride883 likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Wow, sorry to hear that. Sometimes it seems like it never ends. The good thing is that it is a fairly straightforward surgery. You'll be healed in time for riding season.

The other surgery was supposed to be straight forward as well and we both know how that went.....

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

The other surgery was supposed to be straight forward as well and we both know how that went.....
    Beautiful dog. Great pics of the breed. Sorry to hear about surgery. Wish you a speedy recovery.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Once again it's time for us to get another puppy for the house. We have had 4 dogs since the last time it was my turn to choose the breed, etc. So I have started looking online at various breeds and breeders. So far my choice is a male Russian Caucasian Mountain Dog. The price is a little more than what we usually pay for our dogs but I really want one of these, either in gray or white.

Here's a few pics for anyone unfamiliar with the breed, also any suggestions to help me convince the wife would be appreciated.
    I'm not convinced that this isn't two people in a dog suit.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 
    Live2ride883 and jdbii like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I hear ya.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

If you live somewhere cols you can say the coat is great for the fogs well being.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

My wife would never let me get a long haired dog. She already complains about the hair that falls off our boxer. She has undiagnosed OCD I'm convinced.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.

I'd ride that polar bear straight into battle

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Yea, because that's a lot of dog....

I've already started one spring/summer project. I am building a motorcycle from the frame up. I have ordered a Softail frame, 117 cubic inch engine, six speed transmission, rims, tires, gas tanks, and a few other parts. So far I've spent a bit more on some parts than I wanted to but the quality should make up for it, a buddy that runs a shop and builds custom bikes is letting me do the work at his shop, he's trying to talk me into building a chopper, but I doubt if I do. I want something I can jump on and ride 500 miles if I feel like it.
    You don't need a bike with a dog that big just get on the dog lol...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
    Live2ride883 likes this.