Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By Live2ride883
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thoughts on MP3 player?

What's up everybody, I'm back after so long!

I have recently set my eyes on mp3 players such as the Sony Walkman and I'm wondering whether should I get one or not. The one I want is the Sony B Series and it costs around $78 around my area. I want to use it as my main music player because I want to 'lift some weight' off my phone, haha.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Thoughts on MP3 player?

I'm partial to the Zune HD--really lightweight, nice sound, slick interface. Desktop software is pretty good, too. Not sure how much used or refurbished units go for these days, though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I'm partial to the Zune HD--really lightweight, nice sound, slick interface. Desktop software is pretty good, too. Not sure how much used or refurbished units go for these days, though.
    Not too sure if they sell that around where I live...

Oh, I didn't know you're in Singapore (which I recently visited for the first time--amazing country!) until I just checked your profile. The Zune HD is no longer manufactured anyway, so it would be on eBay or similar sites. Do you like Creative Labs players? I used to have various Zen players which I liked a lot as well. Unless you're looking for a new device, in which case Sony is probably one of your only choices (besides Samsung's Galaxy media players, and maybe Archos).
    tastycaramel likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Oh, I didn't know you're in Singapore (which I recently visited for the first time--amazing country!) until I just checked your profile. The Zune HD is no longer manufactured anyway, so it would be on eBay or similar sites. Do you like Creative Labs players? I used to have various Zen players which I liked a lot as well. Unless you're looking for a new device, in which case Sony is probably one of your only choices (besides Samsung's Galaxy media players, and maybe Archos).
    I'm OK with creative since it is from Singapore :P

I'm just looking for an mp3 player that is cheap and good. I doubt they sell the galaxy players here though (would love to own one).

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    Carrier
    All stock for now.

I have used 2 or 3 different Walkman models and they have been awesome. Amazing battery life and the sound is the best I've heard on an mp3 player. The ones I have used had an equalizer with presets and manual setting options. They have been very durable as well.

Noted via tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    I have used 2 or 3 different Walkman models and they have been awesome. Amazing battery life and the sound is the best I've heard on an mp3 player. The ones I have used had an equalizer with presets and manual setting options. They have been very durable as well.

Noted via tapatalk
    What Walkman series have you used?

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    Carrier
    All stock for now.

I have used E series and S series. Both worked well and I didn't really notice sound quality difference between the two. Battery lasted over 30 hours listening time on both.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Is there an option to wait and get an upgraded phone by chance? The only reason I ask is because I used to have a separate phone and an MP3 player because I felt my phone couldn't handle my MP3 playing use. I have a note 3 with a 32 GB SD card and it handles the duties nicely. I can get about 8 hours out of them while using some bluetooth headphones. I hated having a 2nd device to play my MP3s so much that I almost contemplated getting an iPhone.

Speaking of, I have no problem recommending an iPad although it can be a pain when you don't have your music in the right format. Good luck.

Sory this might not answer your questions and might be off topic, but concerning sound quality I would just get a Galaxy S variant, like Galaxy S, Vibrant, Nexus S, Captivate or Infuse 4G. These all have Wolfson DAC which deliver great sound and you can use the VooDoo Sound app to further improve it from factory stock (on a hardware level, not EQ). The Galaxy S3 and S4 have Wolfson DAC also. But I've owned the S3 and to me the S still sound better. It may or may not sound as good as a high end dedicated mp3 player, but it's very flexible being a phone and is a 4" device so still very portable.

Captivate is the cheapest of them and with microSD card and still supported by CyanogenMod.

No doubt Sony make good sounding devices though.

sent via tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Story this might not answer your questions and might be off topic, but concerning sound quality I would just get a Galaxy S variant, like Galaxy S, Vibrant, Nexus S, Captivate or Infuse 4G. These all have Wolfson DAC which deliver great sound and you can use the VooDoo Sound app to further improve it from factory stock (on a hardware level, not EQ). The Galaxy S3 and S4 have Wolfson DAC also. But I've owned the S3 and to me the S still sound better. It may or may not sound as good as a high end dedicated mp3 player, but it's very flexible being a phone and is a 4" device so still very portable.

Captivate is the cheapest of them and with microSD card and still supported by CyanogenMod.

No doubt Sony make good sounding devices though.

sent via tapatalk
    Thanks for your response. I think I will just control my usage so my phone could at least make it through the day. I'm using this app called greenify to save some juice. Anyway it's a bit ironic how phone could have better sound quality though...

IPod is still the most convenient. Its light n slick

Sent from my HTC One

I have a 4GB Sansa mp3 player that I use on my Softail, and during therapy, its smaller than a Zippo lighter, holds 4GB and has a micro SD slot. I think I paid less than 40.00 for it at Best Buy. I picked the black one, but they have other colors as well. Here's a link to them on Amazon.

Amazon.com: sansa mp3 player
    B. Diddy and mrsmumbles like this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I have a 4GB Sansa mp3 player that I use on my Softail, and during therapy, its smaller than a Zippo lighter, holds 4GB and has a micro SD slot. I think I paid less than 40.00 for it at Best Buy. I picked the black one, but they have other colors as well. Here's a link to them on Amazon.

How is the battery life on the Sansa?

Put Rockbox on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tastycaramel View Post
    How is the battery life on the Sansa?

I can usually get a good 6-7 hour ride out of a single charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Put Rockbox on it.
    Link?

I can usually get a good 6-7 hour ride out of a single charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Link?
    rockbox.org