Do you get burned out or bored too?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been bored a couple of times but I always come back. Usually I post only a few times on those days until I gain interest again.
Can't imagine not coming back though, where else would I get my Android news? :p

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not burned out or bored. I'm always looking for people whom I might be able to help out, and it feels good to know that sometimes what I suggest actually works. And there's always something on the near horizon from Google, Android, or any of the manufacturers, that is interesting. Currently, I'm fascinated by the possibilities of Google's experimental contact lenses that can read blood glucose in a person's tears--imagine how that will revolutionize diabetes care!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I keep coming back here thinking I'm missing out on something or I can help others yet. But it just feels like the same ol' same ol' news and same questions over and over that I quickly lose patience over. To be honest, I've never been very good or patient with help desk kind of things, thus why I didn't choose that career path. :) May be it's a bigger life question; what do you do when you find existing interests of no interest anymore? How do you move on and find new interests? I go in circles sometimes thinking I've found the answer, but end up back at the beginning again with the same questions and no solutions. Ugh, such is the human condition. :(

May be I just need to get back on a motorcycle again and ride; something I've long been putting off for no real reason other than I think I'm saving money by not buying one and paying insurance for it.

Well that is a good reason :p
I lose interest in things occasionally, but a short break from said interest helps me get back into it. Happened with baseball and basketball, video games and like I mentioned in my earlier post, Android. Haven't been bored of any for quite some time but I have the others to fall back on :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I normally just stay away for a day or two. Then I am back.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That used to work for me too, but I've gone a whole week or so (ex. while on vacation) and still came back to the same feeling. :(

Hey, may be the problem is I need a new Android device (still using a Note 2 and original 10.1 :eek: )! LOL

I hear a stock android device will fix you up pretty good :p

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That used to work for me too, but I've gone a whole week or so (ex. while on vacation) and still came back to the same feeling. :(

Hey, may be the problem is I need a new Android device (still using a Note 2 and original 10.1 :eek: )! LOL

Maybe. I kinda felt the same way when I had 3 Samsung devices. I switched to a Moto, and got a big refresh. I actually had to search how to reboot into recovery.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Been a member here for over 2.5 years and lately just feel burned out and/or bored with the site (and Android stuff in general). I find myself browsing and posting more and more in off-topic areas of the forum, yet still feel bored.

I know from experience with most things in life, others probably feel the same. So, how do you deal with it? Do you just log out and stay away for a while? Or do you try to find something to maintain interest? I've tried both and I keep coming back to the same feeling (bored, not much of interest here anymore). May be I need to do as I've seen others do: move on; log out for good never to be heard from again. Life moves on.... right?

I haven't been around nearly that long but I sort of know what you mean. I like AC and all but certain things here can be discouraging and make me feel like staying away. I think many posters feel that way. But the recent Motorola news sort of drew me back...

Other interests? That's a good question. I guess it takes time to find something new? Motorcycle forum maybe? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It happens with me a lot as I came to find forums many years ago to seek help with issues on certain things. My first membership was on Operation Sports which is a sports/sports gaming site. I've since stopped playing video games so much and even sold my PS3 late last year. With mobile devices, when you have a phone like the Moto X or the iPhone that just works...there's nothing new to discover on the forums so you (I) lose interest. It's likely time for me to branch out into more of the community areas of the forums that don't necessarily deal with solving phone issues because there are some really good guys/gals around AC and iMore. Mobile Nations FTW! :D

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Been a member here for over 2.5 years and lately just feel burned out and/or bored with the site (and Android stuff in general). I find myself browsing and posting more and more in off-topic areas of the forum, yet still feel bored.

Don't leave, Synycalwon, you've always done a nice job here.

lol, I'm the opposite when I get bored here. I just thank and like a few posts without posting in the the off-topic section for a couple of weeks, then start drifting aimlessly to the rest of the forum until I get my second wind, come back to off-topic and renew my efforts of my lethal/signature combination of unbelievable, fantastic humor, peppered with the seriousness of a tumor.

:D

>>> Sent from Hotlanta

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I know from experience with most things in life, others probably feel the same. So, how do you deal with it? Do you just log out and stay away for a while? Or do you try to find something to maintain interest? I've tried both and I keep coming back to the same feeling (bored, not much of interest here anymore). May be I need to do as I've seen others do: move on; log out for good never to be heard from again. Life moves on.... right?

I can completely empathize. Perhaps I'm ADHD or whatever the fashionable term is these days. I've tried, had, and auditioned more Android devices than I can name. I've rooted...I've ROM'd. I've written, guided, and opined. I got bored and called for an iOS extraction and will ride the iOS wave for a while. I think that may just be the nature of the beast for some of us. I like toys and I like experiencing what different platforms/devices can do. Now that I've learned about iOS jailbreaking it opened up a completely new world of customization and fun that I'm getting a kick out of.

My advice? Try different things, remain open-minded, and most importantly, help others and have fun!

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Get a bike. Clear out the cobwebs. Ride the wind. We all need a break. This winter is kicking our as* here on the East Coast. Spring can't come soon enough. New season. New attitude. :cool:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This is an amazing community. It may seem that there is nothing new to see sometimes, but there is always something. When I get bored of Android Central I take a break from it, and everything Android. Then sure enough, something will draw me back in, Lol. We all need a break sometimes. So by all means, relax and stay awhile. :)

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
May be I just need to get back on a motorcycle again and ride; something I've long been putting off for no real reason other than I think I'm saving money by not buying one and paying insurance for it.

I think I have posted in Politics about a half dozen times since I got out of the hospital, I just got burned out on it.

I couldn't imagine not owning one, I've been on 1 2.5 mile ride since I got out of the hospital/nursing home. I'm planning a 2 week road trip in May to Virginia, Florida, and possibly Texas to visit guys I served with on the USS Saratoge. I haven't seen anyone from there since 1990.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@synycalwon

Thanks for posting in my thread 'It's Been Nice'.

I had asked to remove the thread from the Note 3 forum but it now appears on the app in two places. It's getting rather embarrassing and I want to let the thread die out, or drop down off the list.

Ideally I had wanted to be shut off from posting, but if AC/MN could not have done that it was fine, I would just try to refrain myself ('cold turkey' yes - I could do it!)

I had been driving MYSELF a little crazy.

I must have a version of the OCD that posters joke about.
I am too self - critical of what I post, and I often can't stop editing. I regularly didn't get the substance of the OP by reading too quickly before replying.

So a little different to your 'forum exhaustion'.
You have been posting 30 months or so, and must have useful knowledge and writing skills.
It's good to hear some people may have given you a fresh outlook to get back to AC.
Just don't crash that bike!

Giving helpful advice must be a little satisfying.
For me, seeing a golden opportunity for a funny punchline; or starting a thread others found useful was cool.

I don?t Tweet or 'do' Facebook, and Amazon discussions and review comments was my only experience of forum posting.
There were the few "nasties" and "crazies".
So the moderation, control, general support, humour and good nature on AC forums was an impressive eye-opener for me, on top of its well constructed interactive multi-format layout. (Oh dear, that needs editing).

Of course you often cannot read someone's demeanour or inferences on a post, or sms. (".. duh!")

There's only so far I can get enthused about Android though.
I have a Note 3 now which is better than my S2 (especially to read on) and currently tops the phone tree. (challenges here: ________!)
I will not use it as much as some though, and I still hate touch keyboards.

I may look in to the other forums occasionally, but at the moment I'm tired of reading back my own posts, or trying to back up my statements.
I will be happier off the forums, though my account won't be disabled permanently, if at all.

Regards.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you on everything there. Let's ditch any partners and get married! I am a hetro male, but at my age I'll.....

It brought back my later school years. I would spend 5-6 hours on homework, everyone else got away with 3.

I don't know how people fend several OP threads at once. I guess its a balancing act some learn easily.

I'm always impressed by our Ambassadors; they keep it short and sweet but obviously do some quick research on some articles - but still so many posts to follow!!!

I'm sorry I missed out on the Note 2 last year. It's still around but not a great saving now over the 3. Only when researching in November did it come out how good it was.

I let people figure out my dry humour a lot of the time. I tend to slightly dislike some who use LOL too much without being funny. That said the people I have dealt with on the whole ARE cool and funny and end with a LOL or smiley.

Nearly bought a Note 8, then a tab 3, then a Nexus 7 2013 but hated the screen and the basic layout and home buttons.

The newer hi res 2014 Note 10.1 sold at a cracking price here in the UK (sorry I'm an Irish born Limey) a few days before Christmas at ?369; but I had just bought a sealed Note 3 on eBay.

The new Pro is also pricey at around ?679 (without a keyboard!) but stocks should bring it down a lot. Its not worth it compared to a laptop yet.

I bought an exchange Windows 7 Lenovo ThinkPad 14" in the summer and couldn't be happier with it. It's my desktop (4 x usb) and I avoided W8 for my XP desktop replacement.

No need to reply. You'll be busy.
Nice chat.

We gotta learn to leave mistakes and if we get misinterpreted hopefully they will catch our drift next time around. Otherwise it is a pain checking yourself all the time. But we are alike there.

Best regards, Tony.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I know the feeling of apathy, unfortunately I can give no advice but simply say, if your heart is not in it...dont do it...move on...say your goodbyes and move on...

If you should come back...great, if not...ok...no one will hold it against you.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I always find the blogs on AC a great read. Anything in excess can burn a person out, but I am not sure I can ever get enough of AC ha ha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084