What does your user-name mean?

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
There are lots of downright weird and cryptic user-names on this site.

Please post what your user-name represents.

My user-name is LimuHead.

I grew up on O'ahu and in my younger days let my curly hair grow into a huge mop. When I went surfing (basic wave riding - no 'ripping') my wet hair looked remarkably like seaweed, or 'limu' in Hawaiian. As Hawaiians do, my fellow surfers called me by what they considered my most prominent characteristic in the water which was my big mop of seaweed-looking hair.

The name LimuHead came easily and I love using it because it reminds me of my younger days.

The word limu in Hawaiian has also come to represent anything old or moldy, which still suits me nicely.

Now it's your turn!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Golfdriver97- I like golf, and most of the time, the first club used is the driver, hence Golfdriver. 97 is my high school graduation year.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Kcalmol... Kcal/Mol... Kilocalories per mole. Chemistry geek.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Fun on a budget. Leaves cash for the electronics habit.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I worked at a very high end dealership during college. Trust me the civic si mugen was just as fun as an r8. Just a different kind of fun.

ಠ益ಠ

It's a 2013, and I'm enjoying it. The added torque of the 2.4l is nice, and Honda did a decent job refreshing the interior. Still, I think I prefer the revvier 8th gen. A little more soul.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Best ever Sci-Fi show, I love STARGATE SG1.
So it was easy for me, unfortunately it brought some unexpected issues: the main one is that many forum mates call me star to make it short or because they think I'm a girl! 😂😢😧

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a play on cynical one. It was born years ago during a bout of depression while trying to create a unique e-mail address. It wasn't until later (much later), I realized skeptic would've been more appropriate. :)

See this old thread too for more username info:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/181313-username-curiosity-you-curious.html

Nah, I think you went the right way with Synycalwon. Its original.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Amia is my name but BooMaster is a last name I wish I had. It has to do with me being a huge Mario fan and liking Boo.

Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Msndrstood.

I do battle with MS (the disease not the company) everyday. It affects everything I think, do, or say. Sometimes I'm not as elegant in my responses as I'd like to be and at times, they are misunderstood. I have problems with thought processes and word finding so, most of my responses are short. On a good day, I can ramble on. 😊

Plus, MS is not the Jerry's Kids disease. It is misunderstood in that sense as well. Many times I look fine on the outside but inside I'm confused as hell.

So that's the rest of the story.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

eagle865

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I chose eagle because I am an eagle scout and I consider it a great life achievement. It also defines the values I grew up with and how I choose to live my life. Three numbers don't mean anything.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I love airplanes, and my username is based on my favourite airline. The Mc Donnell Douglas MD-80. Some used to call it the DC9-Super 80.

Gawain

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Gawain is one of the Knights of the Round Table. Way back in high school we read the poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. The story just stuck with me. The user name is not related to my avatar which is the insignia of my Army unit, the 506th Infantry.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a "Scissor Sisters" moment a few years ago and did my own take on the spelling (I subsequently discovered so had a lot of hairdressers as well!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae