File Moving Question

navallint

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
This may be more of a computer question than a phone question, but hopefully someone can answer. I don't keep files on my computer's hard drive. When I get enough pics, taken or downloaded, I hook up my phone via a usb cable to my computer then insert my zip drive, thumb drive if you will. Next, I simply use My Computer to locate the files I want off my phone and MOVE them to the thumb drive, bypassing the computer hard drive all together. Question: By moving the files this way, does any of the files (or part of the files) I move stay on the hard drive?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're just moving the pics from your phone to your thumb drive then nothing should be on the computer itself.

I can see if others can chime in or correct me if I'm wrong.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would think that no actual image info should be wrote to the hard drive itself. At most, I could see something left in Ram if you did a copy/paste (which would be a safer way to transfer in case something screwed up writing to the thumb drive). That still wouldn't write to the hard drive unless you manually pasted the file to it I think.