- 7 Posts
File Moving Question
This may be more of a computer question than a phone question, but hopefully someone can answer. I don't keep files on my computer's hard drive. When I get enough pics, taken or downloaded, I hook up my phone via a usb cable to my computer then insert my zip drive, thumb drive if you will. Next, I simply use My Computer to locate the files I want off my phone and MOVE them to the thumb drive, bypassing the computer hard drive all together. Question: By moving the files this way, does any of the files (or part of the files) I move stay on the hard drive?
- 05-07-2014, 07:56 AM #2
- 05-08-2014, 04:54 AM #3
- 3,677 Posts
Re: File Moving Question
I would think that no actual image info should be wrote to the hard drive itself. At most, I could see something left in Ram if you did a copy/paste (which would be a safer way to transfer in case something screwed up writing to the thumb drive). That still wouldn't write to the hard drive unless you manually pasted the file to it I think.
- By jakedsnake in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 14Last Post: 11-21-2016, 05:53 AM
- By alcor34 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 05-10-2014, 12:04 PM
- By jakedsnake in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2014, 04:16 PM
- By PainFX in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 17Last Post: 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
- By AlejandroPH in forum HTC One M8Replies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2014, 12:13 AM