Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default File Moving Question

This may be more of a computer question than a phone question, but hopefully someone can answer. I don't keep files on my computer's hard drive. When I get enough pics, taken or downloaded, I hook up my phone via a usb cable to my computer then insert my zip drive, thumb drive if you will. Next, I simply use My Computer to locate the files I want off my phone and MOVE them to the thumb drive, bypassing the computer hard drive all together. Question: By moving the files this way, does any of the files (or part of the files) I move stay on the hard drive?

Default Re: File Moving Question

If you're just moving the pics from your phone to your thumb drive then nothing should be on the computer itself.

I can see if others can chime in or correct me if I'm wrong.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Default Re: File Moving Question

I would think that no actual image info should be wrote to the hard drive itself. At most, I could see something left in Ram if you did a copy/paste (which would be a safer way to transfer in case something screwed up writing to the thumb drive). That still wouldn't write to the hard drive unless you manually pasted the file to it I think.