Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Bored with Android

I'm getting kind of bored with Android. Anybody have any ideas. Not really much of a gamer. I really like personalizing my phone, but with no root on my moto x I'm kinda stuck. My nexus 7 has all kinds of abilities to personalize, but I always go back to GNL...its just so functional. I wouldn't mind learning some programming, but have no clue where to start.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Bored with Android

It's not a huge customization but have you tried Action Launcher? I ran it on my old phone (Galaxy Nexus) and it was pretty good. It's even better on my S4 with it's larger screen.

Other stuff to mess around with is Tasker or ITTT (short for If This Then That). I haven't tried Tasker yet, but ITTT is kinda fun to play around with. Its a simple concept but pretty cool. if THIS event or situation is a trigger, then the phone will do THAT. Example: If my phone connects to work WiFi, then it turns the ringer to vibrate and completely silences the notification tone. If my phone disconnects from work WiFi then Ringer and Notification volumes are set to 60%. There are tons of things to select as triggers and just as many to select as actions.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts

Not considering switching OSes for a while?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    It's not a huge customization but have you tried Action Launcher? I ran it on my old phone (Galaxy Nexus) and it was pretty good. It's even better on my S4 with it's larger screen.

Other stuff to mess around with is Tasker or ITTT (short for If This Then That). I haven't tried Tasker yet, but ITTT is kinda fun to play around with. Its a simple concept but pretty cool. if THIS event or situation is a trigger, then the phone will do THAT. Example: If my phone connects to work WiFi, then it turns the ringer to vibrate and completely silences the notification tone. If my phone disconnects from work WiFi then Ringer and Notification volumes are set to 60%. There are tons of things to select as triggers and just as many to select as actions.
    Is battery life much different when you use Tasker or ITTT?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I'll never switch OS again. I had an iPhone for years, its even more boring. I had a windows phone for two days...it was nice, but at the time it wasn't something that I could use for me last job.

I tried ITTT, twice in fact. It just didn't do it for me. At the end of the day, half the fun on our devices is performing some sort of action. So I didn't notice a battery change, but my test was limited.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I suggest you do something more productive if a phone OS can't interest you enough.

Posted via Android Central App