Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a new phone to replace my ONE X

I got HTC One X for 2 years now and I'm looking for a new phone. Overall I was satasfied with One X except for the camera which was really bad. You can see on these pictures how bad One X camera is compared to Samsung S3... exactly like that was my camera but not only the colors and sharpness. Some stuff looked weird. For example, people heads looked bigger then they actually were, or if I took a shot of my dog, his ears looked longer then they were etc.

Now I would like to buy a phone that has really good camera and that is not slow. I prefer Sony or HTC since I don't like Samsung design and LG as a firm. Also I might prefer smaller display, but I didn't decide yet. HTC One mini (not 2) looks really good to me but I'm afraid of camera since it's HTC and would the phone be slow since it's dual core.My brother has Sony Z1 compact which I like but that button sticks too much.
    What would be your reccomendations and overall thoughts on HTC camera one "newer" phones?

Default Re: Looking for a new phone to replace my ONE X

I'm going to be getting the new one M8, and it seems like that camera is either loved or hated. Yes, the resolution pales in comparison to other phones, but I've seen it take excellent low light pictures/video, and the flash is amazing. The ufocus functions are also pretty cool. The only down sides I've seen are a lack of optical image stabilization and the low resolution means zooming and large prints (above 8X10 from what I've been reading) will get pixelated easily. Personally, I think the pros outweighs the cons, and there's a good thread in the M8 section here showing off pics people have taken with it.