Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Ip adress/ wi-fi issue, please help!

Ok I have pretty much the cheapest android: the $50 Prism 2 that I bought at Walnut Mart. In the settings it says "Android Version 4.1.1" so I guess that would be the OS, I am sorry of I sound like a noob I dont have a computer science degree or anything fancy like that but I need some help with bumming wi-fi at mickey d's. I want to know about the IP adress and if its possible that if someone would be able to hack into my phone, get the ip adress and track me? I want to know how an ip adress works on wifi. Does my phone ip adress change when I log onto wifi? Does it change back when I log off or does the number reset to a new ip adress when I turn mobile data back on? I have the 50 dollar plan and used up all my 3g(that is as high as my phone goes) and now my phone is slower than public transportation. Can you guys( and gals) please help me im going insane like I am taking calculus and chemistry and linear algebra and arabic and chinese in the same semester without my youtube vids!?!?!?!?!?

Default Re: Android Ip adress/ wi-fi issue, please help!

The IP address is assigned by the router at McD's. You could go there 3 times and get 3 different addresses. That IP address will not follow you from place to place.

I can understand trying to save money but Time Warner is advertising internet for $14.99/month, it's not their top tier internet but it would certainly allow you to access from home, not have to worry about McD's and not have to worry about using up you allowance on your phone's data plan.