Xbox One or New Phone?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So I am currently contemplating my next phone to get after my RAZR M. But then I hear of these awesome games coming to the Xbox One this year and next and makes me want to get one as well. Well I can't have both. The Xbox One will be at least be a couple hundred and a new phone will cost that much or more.

So what do you guys think? Should I just soldier on with my 360 and get a new phone? Or should I soldier on with my RAZR M and get a new console?

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If your phone still works fine then I would get an Xbox One. So many awesome games coming out!

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

My phone is almost 2 years old and I really need something with more RAM as 1GB does not cut it all the time even with KitKat, multitasking can be pain at times. But I have been considering keeping my phone because every other phone that's out sucks because they are phablets.

TOTtomdora

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I'd stay away from the Xbox and get a PS4 :p
But given the two options I'd suggest a new phone.

SENT FROM MY NEXUS 7 USING TAPATALK.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'd stay away from the Xbox and get a PS4 :p
But given the two options I'd suggest a new phone.

SENT FROM MY NEXUS 7 USING TAPATALK.

No PS4 for me. What phone would you suggest that has a micro SD card slot and has less than 5 inch screen?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Less than 5" with a microSD? I'm not sure if the update (if there was any) fixed the lag problems it had when I bought last year, sold it after a month.

Samsung Galaxy S4 it's 4.99" :)

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Less than 5" with a microSD? I'm not sure if the update (if there was any) fixed the lag problems it had when I bought last year, sold it after a month.

Samsung Galaxy S4 it's 4.99" :)

Looking at the S4 now, and it fits my criteria, it runs for $399 new/refurbished on amazon so I definitely can't get a phone and a Xbox One ($399).

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I went to. Phonearenas phone finder tool to see of anything caught my eye and everything was a bunch of compromises. WP devices are low in content, Android flagships are large and the good size ones are underpowered. So I may just have to get a Moto X. Jesus, smartphones suck right now.

Khr0niK

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If Phone \/
Your phone usually has all the gaming you need and its portable. You can have service and mobile contacts.
If console \/
It depends on what you like. Xbox definitely won software wise and game wise. I know there's people out there that no matter what they won't admit it but Xbox is better.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If Phone \/
Your phone usually has all the gaming you need and its portable. You can have service and mobile contacts.
If console \/
It depends on what you like. Xbox definitely won software wise and game wise. I know there's people out there that no matter what they won't admit it but Xbox is better.

Xbox doesn't have anything in the pipeline better than Uncharted or a god of war...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You need a tv with low input lag to enjoy and get any physical satisfaction from games. I was lucky to get a new 2011 model Panasonic plasma for half original price in June 2012. Plasmas are mostly great for gaming except top end models I think. CRT tv's were best for instant responses / no lag. I had a 28" for 10 years, then a 24" CRT from a charity shop for a few months.

The latest Sony mid range led tv's ( 7 + 8 series) are setting great new ultra low figures for input lag. Elsewise most other makes suck, especially Samsung with too much processing.

My current console?
A PS2!
My regular games: F1 2001 and GT4. Great responses so I can live with the graphics.

I may get a 2nd hand PS3 for GT5 - 6 and F1 2010 - 13!
Pity Forza is only Xbox.

I have a Note 3 and tried Real Racing 3. Impressive graphics but gyro inputs can only do so much. I need thumb levers and buttons.

Did I mention I am old.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Xbox has a lot in the pipeline.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

I agree, it has lots in the pipeline, but I didn't say it didn't have more in the pipeline, I said it didn't have anything better than those games in the pipeline.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it has lots in the pipeline, but I didn't say it didn't have more in the pipeline, I said it didn't have anything better than those games in the pipeline.

In your opinion. They quite a few games in the pipeline in general.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs