What is your average data usage?

cmyoch

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife spoke with Verizon yesterday regarding an upgrade of her phone. She forwarded the rep to me because I'm the one making the decisions on our plan. I always opt out of any 2 year agreements simply because I'm grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan. Any equipment upgrades for me for a reduced amount on a new agreement wipes out my data plan. The rep was astounded by my data usage which averages between 8 to 10 gig per month. I travel a lot with my job and I'm always listening to podcasts, Pandora, plus accessing the net throughout the day. This rep acted like I was the heaviest user she's ever seen. I personally don't think this is that big of a deal.

So to you heavy hitters out there, what's your average data usage?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not much of a heavy hitter for data anymore, but I used to average about 9 GB a month too on Sprint (they kicked me off for too much roaming). I travel for work too and had much the same listening habits as you plus a SiriusXM subscription. When I moved to Verizon, I got a 4 GB plan, so moved the SiriusXM to a dedicated tuner (oddly enough, it's Android based too) via satellite and now get podcasts via the occasional Wi-Fi hotspot I find. I recently upgraded to a 10 GB plan on Edge shared on two lines, so I've got a fair bit more room now and may start streaming Pandora some again.

Additionally, I have an air card for my laptop on a special 20 GB plan for $60/mo. That one I average about 10 GB/mo.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
A little late response, but I average 12-15gb a month. Same scenario, I travel for work and almost never have access to WiFi.

I'm with Sprint, have been for a couple years now, and they haven't said a peep. But, I'm in a good Sprint area.

I'm constantly streaming music, podcasts, and occasionally video if I'm stuck sitting someplace.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Last 6 months average should be over a terabyte per month. Peak was 5 terabytes

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I rarely go over 1GB a month I'm always on WiFi at home.. But I have a 3GB monthly plan with t-Mobile just incase I want to tether my iPad when at school.. school WiFi sucks so it's worth the extra $10 bucks..

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Average 5GB a month ,most I ever used was 10GB in a month.This was with no WiFi's usage.So I might be a medium rated user.
I stopped using WIFi's in March,2014 ,but I do have unlimited data plan :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that NFL is back, okay a few more weeks. LOL

I will have no problems using 5GB easily, I'm capped at 6GB.

Without forcing it, I'm around the 2GB mark where I tether the **** out of it before my billing cycle renews. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007