Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eunice SLange
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Eunice SLange's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Posts
    0 Posts

    Default What is everyone's opinion on android central lately? I feel like their articles are turning more in

    Just curious on everyone's thoughts. Seems android police is the only legit site left...

    Edit: Wow I had no idea so many people felt this way. Android Central used to be my favorite site...I guess I just didn't want to see it. I hope the editors of AC are reading this. Go back to the old ways. We don't need a top ten list. We don't want to click through ten pages to read your favorite phones of the week. Stop trying to sell us the crap in your store by disguising it as reviews.

    And to the people saying I'm just an AP fan boy...I recently started reading there (couple months ago). They are brutally honest and I like that. I can trust what they say, because if something is crap, they straight up tell you.
    Thanked by:
    Mutt224 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What is everyone's opinion on android central lately? I feel like their articles are turning mor

    Welcome to Android Central! I respectfully and whole-heartedly disagree. I feel that the articles and reviews by the staff here are excellent, and I'm not just saying that because I'm an Ambassador (which means, by the way, that I'm a volunteer and not paid in any way by AC). I'm not really sure what Top Ten lists you're referring to, and I certainly don't get any sense that they're trying to push anything from ShopAndroid. There have been excellent tutorial articles recently--for example, from newcomer Ara Wagoner about Google+. And the editorial staff continues to report news in a deliberate and methodical way, without falling quickly for the various false rumors about new devices that fly through the ether like locusts.

    But hey, there are tons of resources out there. Find the one that works best for you.
  3. #3  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,731 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: What is everyone's opinion on android central lately? I feel like their articles are turning mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Eunice SLange View Post
    Just curious on everyone's thoughts. Seems android police is the only legit site left...

    Edit: Wow I had no idea so many people felt this way. Android Central used to be my favorite site...I guess I just didn't want to see it. I hope the editors of AC are reading this. Go back to the old ways. We don't need a top ten list. We don't want to click through ten pages to read your favorite phones of the week. Stop trying to sell us the crap in your store by disguising it as reviews.

    And to the people saying I'm just an AP fan boy...I recently started reading there (couple months ago). They are brutally honest and I like that. I can trust what they say, because if something is crap, they straight up tell you.
    Long time lurker huh?
  4. #4  
    ellisroy's Avatar

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is everyone's opinion on android central lately? I feel like their articles are turning mor

    My only complaints are the following: (1) experienced users stop being uppity (2) people being a troll (there's a fine line between disagreeing and being a *****) (3) opening up a thread only to find someone posting multiple times about something they created. Once is enough. Show a link in your post. I sometimes feel like I'm in a advertisement (wallpapers etc). Even though I lurk in all sections I learned an awful lot. Phil's post the other day about AC etiquette should be mandatory reading.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: What is everyone's opinion on android central lately? I feel like their articles are turning mor

    Quote Originally Posted by ellisroy View Post
    (1) experienced users stop being uppity (2) people being a troll (there's a fine line between disagreeing and being a *****)
    It comes with the territory, unfortunately. I think AC is much better in this regard compared with other sites that shall remain unnamed.


    Quote Originally Posted by ellisroy View Post
    (3) opening up a thread only to find someone posting multiple times about something they created
    Sometimes this is due to inexperience with the posting process, and other times it's due to a the member wanting to increase exposure of his or her question in different subforums. When I see duplicates like that, I usually try to answer one of them, and then post a link to that particular thread in the other duplicate threads.
    Johnly likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. When is US Verizon release date?
    By seldondg in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 03:20 PM
  2. Lg3 wont play on my tv
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 01:30 PM
  3. Ringtone & Notification Volumes are Muting on their own
    By MRHIGHSPEED in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 07:42 AM
  4. Forgetern secruity pin code for android note 2 (star n9599)
    By Jack Fearon in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 01:33 AM
  5. How do I turn on the aws1700 antenna on an HTC EVO 3D?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions