The Ten Businesses the Smartphone Has Destroyed

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Amazing. I rarely find anyone who wants to carry around just a PDA. Rather than destroying the PDA, the combination of it and the cell phone is just a natural evolution.

GPS? Really? What good is a GPS phone that does not have access to the Internet to obtain the map or does not have storage for it? I have a Garment 550T and a Magellan car GPS - neither relies upon the Internet. What a stupid statement.

PCs? Not really. There are things my PC can do that the Evo cannot. When it comes to viewing large documents, there is no comparison. Again, what a stupid statement.

Watches? I will go with that.

Remote control? bit in to it, but as items become able to do so, most of us are not willing to take a pause to wait for the smart phone to catch up. I am not. So, almost a stupid statement.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
GPS? Really? What good is a GPS phone that does not have access to the Internet to obtain the map or does not have storage for it? I have a Garment 550T and a Magellan car GPS - neither relies upon the Internet. What a stupid statement.

Remote control? bit in to it, but as items become able to do so, most of us are not willing to take a pause to wait for the smart phone to catch up. I am not. So, almost a stupid statement.

1) I agree with them about GPS units. I have absolutely no need to buy a standalone GPS. My Evo and Google Maps is all I need. If my last...five phones hadn't had GPS, I may have bought a standalone GPS by now.

2) I use my Evo as a remote quite frequently. Gmote allows me to control my mouse and VLC directly from the comfort of my bed or couch. I don't really think there's a "remote industry" for smartphones to kill, (aside from those insanely priced universal remotes), but, I do look forward to seeing where it goes. Especially with Google TV on the rise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante