1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Soon to be dad!

Holy crap! Haha

So my wifes 4.5 months prego. I'm super excited!
    And scared. Haha
    Its our first kid so I'm looking for some insight from the vets! :-P

Via TT
    HTC Shooter

Stalk Me

Besure to give it a Droid when it's first born! To make sure it stays with that, also, give it a nice bluetooth headset
    Weapons of choice:
    HTC Droid Incredible @ Verizon

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Congrats! Eight years ago I was in the same boat and dont regret it one bit. At first it can be a little trying but the time flies by and in no time you will be saying.. Dang! Remember when he/she was doing that.

I have a daughter and she is a definite "daddy's" girl. Gonna continue to enjoy her as much as I can until the boy thing ruin her. Those dudes are so screwed

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I was there, it will change your life in so many ways. Congrats.

I love being a dad, just be loving and forgiving and patient. Other than that you'll do fine.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Congrats on the great news! Fatherhood is a blast and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Few tips:
    1. Be sure to give the wifey extra love during the final prego months, you'll thank me later for it;
    2. Be sure to be pro-active with the baby when he/she is here; don't let her tell you to change/care for the baby, give her a break (after all, you are not the one who grew it for 9+ months ;
    3. Have fun with the whole 1st child thing. Take tons of pictures, celebrate every milestone and be sure to start that baby book (My girl is 7-months and I have yet to complete my portion and I'll be sure to let her know that daddy is a procrastinator lol)

Those crappy days at work mean nothing when you come home and see those eyes looking up at you and make you feel like a king. Congrats once again!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanx guys for all the Congrats!
    I can't wait to have a mini me (or her Haha) I can't wait to be a proactive dad! And the book is already bought ha. We're stuck on names right now especially for a boy

Via TT
    HTC Shooter

Stalk Me

Mabye if it's a boy, these
    Zaphod
    Ford
    Arthur Dent.
    (:
    Weapons of choice:
    HTC Droid Incredible @ Verizon

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Congrats and some words of advice, be patient, caring, loving and expect a nice learning curve! I have been a dad for almost 16 months now and I was scared at first and now I want more

Cheers,
    Charlie
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Congrats, having a baby is the most amazing thing in the world. Only advice I can think of that hasn't been posted is catch up on all your sleep now because its all going to change. And watch out for that mini me (I wasn't an angel) thing, my oldest 10 is just like me and were starting but heads way to much now.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Congrats man!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    T-Mobile
    Samsung Vibrant

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

A big congrats to you, bro! I have a 9 month old son right now, and we just found out that we've got another one on the way *faints*. There are times when you'll think your nerves can't take it anymore, you're going to encounter messes like you've never seen before, and you'll be exhausted all the time, but the good times make up for the bad times 100 fold. As another poster mentioned earlier, all it takes is that excited look or smile or laugh to melt your heart.

Dammit, I never talked like this before having kids. I'm a total sap now!

Congrats. I remember how it felt when I first became a dad. It will feel just as good with number two, three and four, TRUST ME four kids later.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Congratulations man, that is awesome news! This is a very exciting time in your life, so kudos to you and good luck with everything!

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Health, that's the most important thing for you as a dad and for the kid so stay healthy :P