Which New Android Phone has Best Data Reception?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Obviously I mean in areas with borderline lte or 3G or even 1G coverage. Which phone gets a data signal when I'm waiting in line in the big box store where I may see one bar but get no actual data signal.

Does anybody measure this scientifically and publish results?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Motorola phones have always been known for strong radios and reception. I currently have the Moto Droid Turbo 64G and have not been anywhere without a signal.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not so much the moto nexus. That worries me about the current and future moto radios. My razr maxx hd did have a great radio

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Motorola phones have always been known for strong radios and reception. I currently have the Moto Droid Turbo 64G and have not been anywhere without a signal.

I had the Motorola droid turbo for a day and found that to have the weakest radio for me at least. If you want to talk only android I only had experience with that phone , Samsung Galaxy note 4 and the Apple iPad Air 2 ( cellular version of course)and the iPad and note 4 have the strongest radios from my experience. I got no service on one block where I Woul get 2-3 bars with my note 4

I had a nexus 5 for a bit and it was ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My HTC m8 gets reception when most all others don't. I've been out in some really bad areas hunting and still get reception when Samsung and Apple don't.

Every Samsung phone I have owned I have had to root just to change the radios on them and all of the iPhone have had lousy reception in my area

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 4s has better reception than any android phone I have ever owned. My Note 3 (I've had 2 of them) is better than my old HTC Thunderdolt but not as good as my Moto Razr Maxx HD. I'm surprised there is no scientific way to objectively compare and rate phone radios.

The problem with my Note 3 is it takes forever to switch from 4v to 3g and even with 2 bars 3g doesn't really work. 1g works better. 3g is ok with 4 bars but if reception is that good my phone switches to 4g. The 3g is kind of a waste. Both my note 3 phones have this issue