Android - Iphone- Blackberry

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Curious as to ppl's reasons on this, if you have a second, put your opinions on these two questions.

1) Why didn't you choose an iphone instead of your Android phone?

2) Why didn't you choose a blackberry instead of your Android phone?

Thanks to any who toss out their reasons!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1) I prefer Android's versatility, customizability, and greater hardware variety.

2) Blackberry has been barely treading water for years now. It is a company that was reluctant to innovate, resting on its laurels, not being able to fathom the possibility that people didn't want QWERTY keyboards any more.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
1) I like Android better than iOS, due to the customizations available in Android. I also dislike iTunes.

2) I'd rather be able to use Android apps directly from Google Play, rather than sideload and hope that the app doesn't require Google Play to even run. I also like touchscreen devices, and there are no BlackBerry devices other than the Z10 that are full touchscreen and available for my carrier.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
1) Why didn't you choose an iphone instead of your Android phone?

2) Why didn't you choose a blackberry instead of your Android phone?

1) customization, compatibility, productivity (think about Note 10.1 phone model or other Note phones), good quality for the price (inexpensive), if you dont be happy with the device X made by Y, you can buy the device A from B. you are not tied up with a one manufacturer.

2) was there any blackberry phones in europe, ever? :D not really, was always a minor here...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

gdasilva16

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I'm free to do whatever I want with my Android device. BlackBerry you can barely customize, and Apple you have to Jailbreak. I could Root my phone but I have never thought of actually doing it because after being a Android user for 6 years now, I'm still learning and discovering new things in software, hardware, etc.

GeorgeMelchers

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
1)Although iOS system is closed, but closed system brings is smoother experience.
2)Apple APP store is another big advantage of iOS, hundreds of thousands of applications to meet the needs of users.

to boldly go

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I still have my LG phone but will never use it again since having found BlackBerry. People should at least know that BlackBerry does have several full fledged touchscreen phones, and people can have most all the android apps they want now on BlackBerry if that is their thing.

A company treading water? It is still in a serious period of transition, but their phones are still better, simpler, more dependable, more secure than android phones as well as giving more, not less, freedom in what apps you have on your phone and what they can do. A very serious difference for those of us who do not have unlimited data plans. You dont have data sucking apps running all the time unless you stand up and say YES to them. I am not thrilled with the Amazon thing, which the latest update brought us, and i dont want very many android apps.

Since the brand has been pretty much blackballed through the US media, the phones are SERIOUSLY underpriced, so you really can have more for less.

I came here to browse bc i own my first android still, an optimus G pro, and came to see what the current headaches are with the updated phones. I see untenable issues and unanswered questions and i will breathe a quiet sigh of relief that i found out i really do (still) have a choice. I sure hope it continues.

Dont judge BlackBerry from a distance, check it out if you are interested in changing your phone or just trying one out as a second phone for fun ... or relief.

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry > android > Ios for me. With bb10 with android apps I have everything I need I like the swiping controls vs buttons to go home and the hub is great, the build quality is great, along with most androids, I love android because it isn't locked down but for example stagefright, big security holes... I don't even want to start about ios

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463