Sip Sorcery dial plans

shovelheadhd

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok I've been working on being able to get free calling over wifi. So far I have my google voice set up to call my sipgate account. What I'm trying to figure out are these dial plans located here and how they work.

Unlimited Free Calling with Google Voice - Google Docs

It says in section 10 that if I set up a sip sorcery dial plan I will get free outbound calls. I can't quite wrap my head around how this works. Does anyone use this system and explain how it works.

Currently I have to go to the google voice web site and initiate and phone call. Google voice calls my sipgate account first and then it calls the caller that I chose to call. When I read this document it seems like with a dial plan I can call out like normal and the script will somehow route the calls to my sipgate account and to google voice.

shovelheadhd

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Just an update if anyone is looking for the info. If you follow the google document guide and set up sip sorcery you can use google voice and sipgate.com to use wifi or 3g calling not only incoming but also outgoing. I have checked my sipgate account and with sip sorcery set up when I initiate a call from my phone sip sorcery has google voice to call my sipgate and then the number I want.

So I no longer need to go to google voice and initiate a call over the web I can just dial a number and if sipdroid is active the call is routed over wifi or 3g connection. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask I'll try my best to answer.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Is this using your cell phone minutes? I want to do this exact setup but don't want my minutes used like some of the other voips I have tried I.e. Skype lite. I have a Google voice number and a sipgate account going to look into sip sorcery is that all I need?

Elysian893#AC

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Is this using your cell phone minutes? I want to do this exact setup but don't want my minutes used like some of the other voips I have tried I.e. Skype lite. I have a Google voice number and a sipgate account going to look into sip sorcery is that all I need?

No. No minutes used, it's all data.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How can I tell that it's not using my minutes? Just went through all the steps made a call to my google voice number and got the call, but it still shows up in my normal call log.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed that when I get normal phone calls, it comes through the native phone app. When someone dials my google number, it comes through the SipDroid app. Is this the indication that it is not using my minutes? Is it just supposed to automatically show in my native call log? That's the part that's got me confused, making me still think I am using my minutes.

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

If you're struggling with your current SIP app, why not try the Orbtalk Softphone. I find it very easy to setup and use. Simply input the details of your PBX extension or SIP trunk and you will be ready to take calls in seconds.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234