Android Central vs. Droidforums

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
You'll ask that here? Well, all I can say is that I took one peek at the other one and decided....wow, I don't have that much time to keep up! This place is smallish, yet super friendly and helpful...I've only had a couple questions unanswered. I can keep up.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I use them both.... this is a pretty weird VS thread considering they are for different things, this is for android in general and droid forums is mainly for the moto droid.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
As I said in another thread, I personally prefer this forum. I love the smallness of it and in my opinion, that forum is way too crowded. I don't like going through pages to find one thread. I like the smallness and simplicity of this forum.

But, to each his own!

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Never heard of that one. I like this forum, because of the articles on the home page :) In time, this forum will grow :)

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

Which is better and why?

As being a member of both forums, I must say that Android Central is better by miles.

Other than AC's amazing news coverage and reviews, the forums are more vibrant, professional, and over all friendlier.

And heck, ANYTHING is better than Phandroid. YUCK!

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
If you're a Droid owner, Droidforums is it. However, that doesn't mean other forums aren't useful. For me, AC is better for the news articles. For everything else Droid, especially info on apps, rooting and roms, Droidforums is unbeatable. Phandroid is kinda in between.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This is the friendliest forum I've had the pleasure of being a part of. There is nothing worse than getting flamed for asking a question, and that just doesn't happen here.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Both are nice but this one is my favorite and the first one I check every morning and if I have time I might look there too.

R

Roy Aguilera

Both are nice but this one is my favorite and the first one I check every morning and if I have time I might look there too.

Yup, same here.
Actually I check AllDroid>AC>DroidForums.
Gotta stay up to date with the hacks.;)

mrjam3s

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I came to AC from the link off of Crackberry. It seemed like a recommendation to me. It seems very friendly so I joined.