The AC Coffee Junkies thread.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
re: AC Coffee Junkies thread.

Does anyone grind and press their own coffee? The wife got me a French press and a grinder this past Xmas and I almost instantly threw out my Keurig. I've been sampling various different roasts ever since and was curious if anyone had any recommendations.

So far I've been buying my whole beans from Starbucks and Trader Joe's. I've found that Starbucks beans are always flavorful and bold whereas Trader Joe's beans have the flavor but zero boldness. I'm a big fan of Guatemalan Huehuetenango beans because of their natural sweetness. I'm a black coffee drinking or just a dash of half and half.
Always grind my own. I was actually thinking of posting a similar question, what's everyone's favorite roast or blend?
I love a good dark roast in a French press. But I also enjoy mixing a bag of light roast with a bag of dark roast beans to make a homemade "Black and Tan" blend.
As an aside, my pastor actually roasts his own beans and said he was going to give me some next time he did a batch. Looking forward to it 🍵☕

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site

Always grind my own. I was actually thinking of posting a similar question, what's everyone's favorite roast or blend?
I love a good dark roast in a French press. But I also enjoy mixing a bag of light roast with a bag of dark roast beans to make a homemade "Black and Tan" blend.
As an aside, my pastor actually roasts his own beans and said he was going to give me some next time he did a batch. Looking forward to it 🍵☕
Wow, that sounds awesome! I've never tried the blonde roast because I like a bolder cup of coffee. I find that certain dark roasts are way too bold and acidic and medium roasts sometimes are underwhelming. It sounds like black and tan is what's missing in my life!

What beans are you using and what proportion are you blending them? Are you mixing 50/50?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I don't get too fancy. Just a bag of Blond roast beans and a bag of French roast or Sumatra and mix them together in a big ziploc. I haven't done it in a while since my French press broke. Right now I'm surviving on my Mr Coffee espresso machine and the Keurig at work.

Dgray2712

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I can get Tim Hortons whole beans where I live. Fill the hopper on my burr grinder, and grab the French Press. Great way to wake up.

Posted on my Nexus 6P via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Nothing fancy here, just my own version of a bulletproof coffee.

(In 20 oz. travel mug)
2.7 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp cold pressed Coconut oil
Chocolate or cinnamon to taste
Fill to top with black coffee
Blend (preferred), but usually just shake it up after the butter and oil melt.

That's actually my usual breakfast and it often holds me over until lunch, sometimes longer. I usually get the cheap coffee, but I do sometimes treat myself to Folgers Black or Chocolate Silk, or Dunkin Donuts brand.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Once I tried my hand at pour-over coffee my French press only gets used for making cold brew.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

So this morning I woke up and one of the first notifications I saw on my phone was for this thread. Talk about the wrong thing to be reading when you've just woke up and now are craving all this coffee you're reading about!!

At any rate, it's Friday, fellow coffee aficionados... Time to brew a cup and prepare for the weekend!

7ab915087e6b431c7875b6cee64fcdd4.jpg

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Once I tried my hand at pour-over coffee my French press only gets used for making cold brew.
I've got a friend in Nebraska who likes to make his "cowboy style"... He boils the water grounds together, and then at the gives it a splash of cold water to knock the grounds down to the bottom. It's amazing if you can get past a little grit.

I love pour over as well...just haven't tried it at home.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I've got a friend in Nebraska who likes to make his "cowboy style"... He boils the water grounds together, and then at the gives it a splash of cold water to knock the grounds down to the bottom. It's amazing if you can get past a little grit.

I love pour over as well...just haven't tried it at home.
I've had Turkish coffee. That contains the grounds. 😁

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I don't know how I missed this thread but yay

Love , love my coffee ........ since it's Friday night so it's a glass of chardonnay right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz