Are phones and computers the only products we need?

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds smart watches and tablets to be utterly useless? What can't you do on a tablet that your phone or computer can do these days? I have an apple watch and I barely wear it biggest waste of money I've ever spent

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree about smart watches being useless... for me. I'll never own one simply because my eyes can't handle it... too small. However, tablets are very useful to me. An app like Coach's Eye (golf analysis) can certainly run on my phone, but due to the screen size, you can't display the app very well, much less see very much, or have the same UI afforded by my tablet. Also, some games I play are just awesome on my tablet. They also run well on my phone, but the size is just more awesome on my tablet. Much more fun! Even art/drawing apps are much better on tablets due to UI and again the size aspect which translates to more accuracy in the drawing. It all boils down to your own personal needs that make things useless or not. My condolences for buying that Apple watch!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The idea of a smart watch is cool in theory but I see it as another thing to charge. Tablets seem cool too but I probably wouldn't use it if I had one. My mom likes her tablet to be able to read the Bible in huge print.

tori729

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
If you have a huge phone, a tablet seems kind of useless. Honestly, I have a large tablet and small phone and 99% of the time the tablet is just for the kids to play games on. I thought maybe it would be useful to take places and take notes, etc. but so far, not so much. I did just invest in a little Kindle Fire that was like $30 thinking maybe I could stick it in my purse and have things like puzzles, books, Bible etc. on it.
The watches don't make sense to me either. It's just one more thing that can make me distracted and it's always attached. I don't need that!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the major reason I bought my tablet was so I don't have to carry a laptop when traveling to the mainland. Even though my laptop is only 12" screen, it's bulkier and I would have to carry it's bulky charger too. Tablet is so much easier. Watching movies on the plane is a plus on a tablet... especially to entertain my Mom during the 5.5 hour flight.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I find tablets to have more of a use than a smartwatch. I work on cars...oil changes, tires, etc. There is not a week that goes by that I don't have a scratch or scrape on either wrist. When I got a Moto 360, I would wear it to work, but take it off after I changed into my uniform. After a while, it got to the point where I was leaving it at home.

I think if I could do it all over, I'd go with a pebble. It can last longer per charge, and it's much cheaper, so if there was a point where it gets damaged, it's a lot less money at risk.

Tablets....I'm not sure about their future. Consider the convertible Chromebook that may come out in the next year. That should be able to run Android apps, and double as a laptop. I honestly think that is where a larger device shopper should look. It being Chrome OS, it will get supported for quite some time, so there is not much of a worry about updates.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do love my PlayBook, and watch YouTube on it and use the Internet. But I do see your point: it doesn't always make sense to me when people buy top of the line iPads when their smartphone or laptop can do the same thing. Granted, maybe it all syncs together for them or they need the tablet for work, etc.; but I'm normally the type of person that just sticks to phones and laptops, and that's it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Are phones and computers the only products we need?

I'd say food, clothing and shelter trump phones and computers (maybe motorized transport too) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7