buying a Verizon phone and contract through Dell

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Dell is offering a new Motorola Droid for $49.99 on their website.

What are potential problems about getting a phone this way? If I have problems with it who will help me out?

I also receive 19% off the phone service. Will I still be able to get that discount if I order through Dell online?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Those third party retailers have their own ETF and are a lot less flexible on account changes during the first 6 months.

DEACTIVATING THIS PHONE OR DOWNGRADING FEATURES OR RATE PLAN MAY LEAD TO ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Our goal is to provide you with the very best purchasing experience possible, including huge savings vs. buying in a retail store. Your wireless device purchase price was reduced by an Equipment Discount of $200 ($300 for PDA's and smart phones; $300 for Netbooks). By accepting this price reduction, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you:
Fail to pay your balance due to Verizon Wireless each month
Disconnect this Verizon Wireless line of service
Transfer this equipment to another Verizon Wireless line of service
Change your Verizon Wireless service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate
Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase
Transfer/port an existing mobile number from another Verizon Wireless account if this is a new line of service
Replace an existing account with Verizon Wireless with this account if this is a new line
Return your equipment for a refund or exchange and it is not in its original, new condition or it is not returned within the 30-day return period outlined in our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If those are the term and conditions from Dell, I don't think they deviate from Verizon's, so you should be fine. I noticed Wirefly also has the same deal right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae