Forum and Tech Talk terms that irritate you

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else want to scratch your eyes out seeing the same things over and over in every review or positive post lol?

Daily Driver (Mine has 4 wheels, not 4G)
Rockin' (if you don't have a distorted electric guitar, you are not rockin' anything....)
Cute nicknames for manufacturers (Sammy? Really?? My mother's dog is named Sammy)
Buttery smooth (Butter is buttery smooth, not your OS)
Power User (which you become after your power breakfast, put on your power tie, and make your power moves)
Ecosystem (Not that irritating, just overused)
Cloud (Remote storage has been around about as long as networking has been around. One company put's an "i" in front of it and now suddenly everyone has to have one...)

Just felt like venting today lol

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Vent away! I agree with "daily driver" and "buttery smooth": all that's colorful has long ago been drained out of that figurative language. They ain't nothin but cliches now.

The new kneejerk cliche, though, is "snappy" (along with "snappier" and "snappiest"). It shows up in damned near every forum post, article, review, and video that contains even the slightest mention of the Pixel or Pixel XL: "I just can't believe how snappy this phone is!" MF, please.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I tell you one that drives me nuts for some reason: "jank" and every hipster/cool way to say the word. I don't know why, but it seems like everyone on earth says that. One particular podcast that I listen to says that at least half a dozen times during each episode.