Constantly having to re-login to comment on Main-page posts

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
When I'm in the forums, my login is fine. I can post/comment on any forums.

When I go back to the main page and I click the comments section of a post, I have to re-log in!

This has happened on many computers, many browsers so I'm not entirely sure it's something I'm doing incorrectly.

(unless there's a setting somewhere that logs me out when I go back to the main page)

Anyone else notice this?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes and it is driving me nuts. I actually couldn't figure it out in Chrome, so I started up FireFox (which I never use) and I was able to log in fine.

Maybe a cookie issue after the site was updated somehow? No idea.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This has been this way even before any recent update. Very annoying. I'm sure this will get fixed once it get the (Forum Admin) attention.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
But is there anything that we can do to post comments again or what?

When you visit the forums, for some reason it logs you out of the main-page comment section and you have to log in again.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

When you visit the forums, for some reason it logs you out of the main-page comment section and you have to log in again.

Actually, no... When I am viewing a news post on its own page, I click on the "Login" link at the top right of the screen. Then, I am taken to a login screen where I login. ON THE CONFIRMATION SCREEN, the text in the middle confirms that I have logged in, but the top right still has a "Login" link - instead of my username. It was never like this for me until recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34