Yelp vs Foursquare vs Gowalla vs Facebook

Which check in service do you prefer and why?

• Total voters
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Which check in service do you use and why?
I had foursquare for a while and then abandoned it when yelp added check in features.
With so many out there, which if any are you guys using the most?

Are you worried about your digital "trail", etc?

Just curious.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I used Yelp, then I went overseas and there was nothing in the entire country. A friend of mine in the UK uses 4Square and it's had decent local coverage as well as an apparently wide non-US database.

Not worried at all about my "trail" - it's not like I'm checking into strip clubs or bars during work hours. And if I can show some of the heathens up here that Gianni's has pizza pretty close to NY style so much the better!

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Foursquare, but it's mainly because it was the first one I started using. I toyed with yelp and gowalla, but decided I just needed one and didn't much feel like giving up all my badges and buddies. Then too, my local area seemed at the time to have a lot more specials and deals available through Foursquare.

I've always avoided Facebook Places, simply because I don't look favorably upon many incidents where Facebook leaked information. Nor do I always care for many of my friends in Facebook to always be notified of where I check in (which I can turn on/off in Foursquare).