1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default tablet bridge

Is blackberry playbook the only tablet that you can bridge between your phone and tablet? Or is there othet tablets that will let your bridge like that or gonna be newer tablets with the bridge software

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

What do you mean by "bridge"? Most of the data for Android phones is cloud-based, so it's generally the same source (for email, contacts and calendar certainly, for proprietary apps you'll have to check but DropBox/Ubuntu One/etc. can be your friend here). WiFi tethering will let you have a WiFi-only tablet able to access 3G/4G, similar things may be able to be setup with Bluetooth. And, if you're into cards, I'm sure there are some excellent bridge games out there...

Plus, Google's stock didn't just drop 20% so chances are they'll be here next year, and in one piece!
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

By bridge I mean like the playbook. You can get internet on ur tablet threw ur cell phone like the blackberry playbook does

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Yes, this is called "tethering" and just about any phone/tablet combo can do it via WiFi or bluetooth. Note that your carrier may have an extra fee for tethering, this is why I'm hoping for a ~2G unrestricted plan from Verizon since it will save me a bundle.
    Last edited by jdbower; 06-18-2011 at 07:17 AM.
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Default Re: tablet bridge

I routinely tether my NookColor to my Evo over 3G when a Wifi hotspot isn't available. The app is called Wireless Tether and I think you need to be rooted to use it though.

I too am interested in this. What I am looking for is if an Android phone and tablet can be linked so that when someone calls your phone the CID info will appear on the tablet along with possibly an answer/ignore option? This would be nice if you had your BT on, but didn't feel like lugging your phone and tablet around a room.

Samsung galaxy tab2 and Motorola photon you can get internet access via Bluetooth